Chapter 9

Seth's POV

Chapter 9

The door opened and Sidney was standing there.

“Can I help you?” she asked kindly.

“Raven invited us here for dinner,” Grace said, her hands behind her back with her hands in each other.

“Who is it Sidney?” Someone yelled from within, the voice was defiantly feminine.

“Seth’s’ family!” She yelled back. Some footfalls came towards the door, Raven came into view with a smile plastered on her face.

“Welcome, come in,” she said kindly. “We aren’t ready yet but we will be soon. We’ve gotten a few extra guests.”

“What do you mean?” Grace asked kindly in return. She was acting different from how she usually acted around the house. Must be the alpha’s, Seth thought. They walked into the house and Albert was sitting on the couch with Sidney beside him.

“Well for starters Albert here,” Raven said, “and also Grant will be coming over once the sun is down. Which will be soon enough.” Johnny flinched at the sound of the vampire’s name. Raven noticed and raised an eyebrow. “What’s wrong with you?” She asked kindly enough even though the words sounded mean.

Johnny didn’t answer being to shy, so Seth answered for him: “He isn’t a werewolf so he is scared of being bitten,” Raven moved her glance over to him.

“I’ve met Grant and he wouldn’t hurt you, so don’t worry,” She said looking at Johnny who didn’t look convinced at all. “Besides there are already five other kids here who are still human- well more or less.” Albert shot her a glare and went back to looking at Sidney. Johnny glanced over at Albert and watched him for a while until Seth nudged him and he snapped back into attention. Raven went back into the kitchen followed behind by Grace and George.

Seth sat down on one of the chairs that were in the room. The room was almost bare except the couch and chairs. The only other thing that was in the room beside the fireplace was a staff that had feathers at the top. It didn’t have any designs or anything, just plane wood. A door opened and Royce came out in a pair of jeans and a plain grey t-shirt. He glanced over at Seth and didn’t look to impressed by him sitting on the chair. His gaze went to Johnny where it stayed for a while until he went into the kitchen.

The front door opened and Johnny flinched and walked over to where Seth was sitting and sat down on the floor beside the chair. Seth looked around and saw Simon and Shelby walking in from somewhere. They glanced at Seth and then at Sidney and Albert on the couch. They also walked into the kitchen. Some yelling erupted from the kitchen followed by Royce, Simon and Shelby walking out and moving over to the chair and couch. None of them sat on the couch but instead Shelby sat on the chair with Simon and Royce sitting on the ground.

Johnny was still out of their range of sight and staying quiet so he wouldn’t be noticed. A knock came at the door, Royce sighed and got up to answer it. He vanished behind a wall that separated the living room from the front door. The door opened Royce yelled to his mom that there is someone at the door. Raven stalked over to the front door. What she said was lost from the wall. Royce came back into the living room and sat back down on the floor.

Raven went back into the kitchen and Grant walked around into the living room and stopped and stared at the group. “Well then, three guys sitting on the floor, one girl on a chair, a guy on the other and a girl snuggling with a winged werewolf. Interesting.”

“The winged werewolf isn’t a werewolf,” Royce said watching Grant carefully, “he’s a human.”

“Well he smells like one,” Grant said. “And why is the boy on the ground terrified?”