CHAPTER 4

I walked down the busy corridors with Chris and Kye on either side of me. I stopped at my locker to grab my Math and English books as Kye headed to his homeroom and locker. The bell rang ad Chris and I made our way to our homeroom. I took my usual seat in the back of the classroom, near the window and Chris slid into the vacant chair beside me. I slouched in my chair and leaned back which was very comfortable, Chris copied and rested his arm on the back of my chair. I observed as Hannah and the Blonde Barbie’s sent Chris failed flirtatious looks through their mascara clumped eyelashes, the nerds sitting at the front engrossed in their study books,  the Footballers checking out the cheerleader’s skimpy outfits and the normal people just talking to the person beside them. Some class.

Mr. Gab walked into the room and called everyone to order. He was a man in his mid-twenties with messy black hair and grey eyes. He pulled out his laptop and began to take the role. Student after student made their presence known as Mr. Gab called their name out.

“Allie?” He finally called

“Right here” I said while waving at him.

He chuckled and proceeded to mark the role. Chris laughed and shook his head at me while Hannah and her follower’s gave me a dirty glare and flipped their empty blonde heads to the front again. I must have dozed off because someone rubbing my leg made my eyes snap open and looked down at the hand.

“Just me Allie” soothed Chris.

The annoying bell echoed through the classroom and everyone sprinted for the door. The halls were packed with a sea of high school students trying to get to their first class on time.

“See ya in English” smiled Chris before walking off in the opposite direction to me.

I nodded and walked in the direction to my Math class. The halls were filling out and I was too deep in thought about tonight when I was grabbed by the waist and pulled into a strong chest.

“Hey baby, miss me?” smirked Zak.

“As if I would ever miss you” I growled.

He pulled me flush against him by the waist and traced his nose up my neck.

“Feisty” he whispered while nibbling my earlobe.

“Get off me” I yelled while shoving his chest.

He just laughed and shook his head.

“Get off her Zak” boomed Kye.

He released me and I ran to Kye’s side. 

“You ok?” he asked in a concerned voice.

“Bloody fantastic” I replied sarcastically.

He just rolled his eyes and pulled me the rest of the way to Math class. Mr. Donald was writing on the board when we snuck in. Old man doesn’t really hear very well or see very well too. He is in his seventies and I unfortunately got stuck with him as a math teacher.

I paid no attention to what he was rambling on about because I was too engrossed in drawing random things in the back of my book.  

“Miss Price the answer please” croaked the old man.

Ah crap. I have no clue what the formula on the board even means.

“Twenty-four” whispered Kye so only I could hear.

“Twenty-four sir” I yelled out.

“Correct” he said then continued to babble on about boring math stuff.

“Boy are you lucky I saved your ass” smirked Kye.

“Whatever” I sighed while rolling my eyes.

“Might want to pay attention miss Price” he whispered in my ear.

“Might want to back off Mr. Smart ass” I smirked.

He rolled his eyes then focused on the teacher again while I continued to draw. The bell rang and I walked to the door where Chris was waiting.

“Heard Zak gave you trouble” growled Chris as we began to walk.

“Yeah but I’m fine” I rolled my eyes.

Chris and I settled into the back row for English when Mrs. Lew pushed a TV into the room. The lights were turned off and I rested my head of Chris’ muscular shoulder. The movie was about Shakespeare and well I have no interest in that crap so I fell asleep. The bell woke me up and I walked to the cafeteria with Chris after chucking our stuff in our lockers.

I swung open the doors and walked over to our usual table beside Chris. Basically every school has that one badass/ don’t mess with me group. Yeah well that’s my group. We ate lunch and talked about the battle that was on tonight.

The rest of the day went by in a blur and I ran for dear life when that home bell rang.

Tonight’s gonna be a good night!