CHAPTER 2

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I just want to say a big thank-you to LittleMissLiaaa for creating such an amazing covers on the side. Alright now enjoy the story :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nice of you to come home Allison, AT MIDNIGHT!" boomed my older brother.

"Geez calm you're farm" I huffed while kicking my shoes off.

"NO I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! THE STREETS ARE DANGEROUS AT NIGHT!" he yelled while his face started to turn red.

I rolled my eyes and slid onto the old, brown couch while I listened to James ranting.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was about you-" was all I heard before tuning him out completely.

I have had this speech given to me several times. Heck I've been given it so many times I can recite it off by heart.

'I was worried sick about you blah blah blah. The streets are dangerous yadda yadda yadda'

Bottom line is I the speech is a waste of time because quite frankly I never listen.

"You’re grounded for two weeks" he shouted.

WOAH! Now he has gone too far!

“SHUT UP! YOU ACT LIKE DAD BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE HIM!" I snapped and made a dash for my room with tears streaming down my cheeks.

I slammed my door shut and hurled myself onto my bed. My vision was blurred from all my tears as I closed my eyes and tried to calm my breathing.

I guess that everyone has their breaking point, and this is mine. My parents are a very close and personal subject that I don’t like to talk about. Since losing them five years ago to that bloody drunk driver I've kept my feelings at bay. Not wanting to see just how much the loss of them truly affects me. I don't want to put anyone else through pain or misery because of me, so I keep my feelings locked up and put on a mask of happiness to hide my true feelings.

My parents always wanted me to pursue my talent in dance but after they died I started turning up to class late and eventually stopped turning up all together. It's my fault their dead, even if everyone tells me it's not. I take full responsibility on their death.

If it wasn't for me they wouldn't have been on the road at the time they were. I begged and pleaded that they came to my dance recital and being the loving and caring parents they were, agreed to be there to watch me dance. I still remember searching form their faces in the audience and having no luck. After the performance my teacher pulled me aside and told me my parents were in the hospital after having a drunk driver crash head on with them. Clarissa, my best friend Hannah's mum, offered to drive me to the hospital as James was out celebrating his third anniversary with his girlfriend Lucy at the time.

The hospital scene is a bit of a blur but I remember seeing my mum and dad all bloodied and bruised lying attached to several machines in a hospital bed. I stayed with Hannah for two nights until James returned. I visited them every day until one day when I went to see them I came across a now empty room. They had passed in the night as their bodies finally gave into the battle to live. I was ten at the time and went into a state of depression after I lost my parents. I stopped hanging out with my friends and sat alone at all times. I wouldn't talk or eat much as each day passed.

One night when I was walking home from school I came across a small group of boys at the local park. They were laughing and having a good time while dancing. Seeing them dance triggered something inside of me and I started to approach the group of teenage boys.

“Hey there girlie" smirked a brunette with blue eyes.

I didn't answer but glanced at the blonde boy that was dancing. There was no music just the young boys’ horrible attempt at beat boxing or laughs as they experimented with different moves.

All boys looked up at my direction and I fidgeted under their gaze.

"Do you want to try?" questioned a boy with midnight black hair and bright green eyes.

I shook my head 'no' and the blonde boy who was dancing came up and pulled my hand.

"Come on" he pleaded.

Giving up I started to move around a bit with the blonde kid and eventually I was laughing and enjoying myself. In just one night these boys ended up opening me up and bringing out a new me.

I wasn't a little innocent girl anymore. I had an 'I don't care attitude' and became close buds with those guys. We hung out every afternoon and as we got older ended up going to the same high school and doing street dance battles. Those boys made me the person I am today and to them I will always be grateful and loyal.