CHAPTER 7

It has been over a week since I humiliated myself by trying to get a scholarship. I didn't say anything to my crew as I didn't want to hear them trying to cheer me up. The honest truth was I just wanted to sulk and drown myself in my own pity and misery. A voice being cleared drew me out of my thoughts and back to where I was; a pizza shop. I looked up at Chris and smiled weakly while taking a slice of cheese pizza that had just been brought out and placed on our table. I carefully took a bite as the oily cheese and pizza base slid down my throat with ease followed by a sip of coke.

"Allie what's up? You've been acting down lately. Has James been giving you a hard time?" Asked Chris seriously

"We're always here for you girly" Chimed in Josh.

I gave them all a weak smile and shook my head while looking down at my pizza.

"Everything is fine guys" I lied as convincingly as I could.

"No you're not. You're either lying or on your period!"

"DAN!" I said while ducking my head and blushing bright red.

"What you could be!" he said while putting his hands up in surrender.

"Well I'm not thank-you very much!" I glared at him.

He just shrugged off my glare and devoured his Pizza slice in two big bites. I shook my head and took small sips of my drink while looking out the window.  The door chimed as it opened, signaling another customer had arrived. When a familiar voice started talking I turned my head to confirm my suspicions. Emerald green eyes stared back into mine and I quickly turned around in my seat and shrunk down, hoping the chair would become a magic portal and take me far, far away from here.

"Allie?"

I shuddered and put on a fake smile that made it seem like I was pleased to see him.

"Hey Henry" I said in the nicest voice I could muster.

"We need to talk" he said while gesturing for us to go talk in private.

I slid out of the little booth I was in and followed him as he walked to another booth so the others couldn't hear us talking. The minute we sat down he pulled out a large white envelope and slid it across the table to stop right in front of me. I froze when I looked down at the envelope and my breath got hitched in my throat as my heart started to beat faster.

"It's not going to open from you staring at it" Joked Henry.

With slightly sweaty hand I opened the envelope as slowly as I could, afraid to read what it held. My eyes scanned the first line of the letter and I let out a loud gasp while dropping the letter onto the table and covering my mouth in shock.

Dear Miss Allison Price,

We are pleased to accept you into The Walsh Academy of Performing Arts. You have been successful in your application of interest to study with us. Enclosed you will find information that covers the scholarship details and I entrust that you will be starting with us once the new school term starts after the short holiday break.