CHAPTER 6

I woke up the next morning and did my usual routine, walking out the door just as Chris pulled up.

“Morning Allie-bear” cooed Chris.

“Not cool” I frowned.

They all erupted into a fit of laughter as we drove to school. Classes passed quickly and soon it was lunch, we were all sitting outside in the shade today. I was sprawled out on the grass trying to throw grapes into Chris’ mouth.

“Hey Chris” I trailed off.

“Yeah?”

“Can I borrow your phone, please?” I asked sweetly.

“Uh sure” he said pulling out his phone. 

I pulled out the card Henry gave me and typed the number in, pressing dial. The phone rang twice before a masculine voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey.. It's Allie"  I said awkwardly

" Oh, hey Allie"

"Um I called because you said to call you today"

"Oh yeah where do you live so I can come and get you"

"Um just meet me at the park from last night" I stuttered.

"Ok, see you in at 4 then?"

I nodded, forgetting he couldn't see my response.

"Uhh Allie? Are you there?"

"Yes! Sorry I nodded and forgot that you can't see me because you're probably at your house or school or wherever you are" I said in one big breath.

"Wow… You blabber on a lot"

"Shut up, see you at 4" I said and hung up, not waiting for a reply.

The rest of the day went by quickly and soon enough I was waiting at the park for Henry. I fumbled nervously with the hem of my shirt as I waited anxiously. A loud horn blaring rang through the quiet and what used to be peaceful park; I looked up to see an expensive looking sports car parked beside the curb with the roof off. I faintly made out what I hoped was Henry's face as I squinted to try to see better through the glare. I stood up and made my way over to the car and the passenger door swung open.

"Hey there darling, need a ride?" drawled Henry in a bad Texas accent.

"You're so weird" I huffed while sliding into the sleek car.

Not even a second after I closed the door was the once stationary car speeding down the empty street. Oh good lord, I will be lucky to make it to my audition in one piece with his idiotic driving. Half an hour later the car screeched to a sudden stop out in front of Walsh Performing Arts academy. I grabbed my bag and got out of the car nervously, staring up at the large building.