CHAPTER 3

I woke up to an annoying streak of light peeking through the tattered, blue curtains. I stumbled half asleep to the kitchen. I slowly opened the small pantry and grabbed the loaf of bread out. I put it into the toaster and made my way to the fridge. I squinted while trying to find the orange juice as I scanned each shelf.

Apple juice, milk, cheese, butter. BINGO. Orange juice. I placed the juice on the counter and grabbed a clean cup from the cupboard. As I was pouring the orange liquid into my cup the toast popped signaling that it was ready. I grabbed the peanut butter out of the pantry as I was putting the bread away.

I let a long sigh escape my lips as I smeared the smooth substance over my toast. I chugged down the remains of my juice and chomped down my toast. I put the dirty cup in the sink and dragged my feet out of the kitchen and to the bathroom.

When I looked up into the mirror I nearly screamed at the horrible sight before me. My eyes where all red and puffy from my crying session last night and dark bags were under my eyes from the lack of sleep. My eyes traveled to my hair. Well let’s just say my normal brown waves looked as if a bird’s nest had just been plunked on my head. Basically I looked like a walking dead person, and quite frankly I felt like one too. Pealing my eyes away from the horrible mess in the mirror I turned on the water and stripped down.

Warmth spread across my bare skin as I stood there enjoying the glorious sensation. After giving myself a good wash and attacking the mess on my head I got out of the shower feeling fresh and awake. I chucked on a blue long sleeved shirt, my black leather jacket a pair of black ripped jeans. I left my hair out and slid on my black boots. I shut the apartment door behind me and jogged down the stairs to the lobby.

"Hey Danny" I called while passing the front desk and out the door.

I walked out just as Kye’s Black Ford Mustang pulled up to the curb.

"Morning Allie" they all chorused.

"Morning guys" I chuckled while making my way to the car.

I jumped into the back seat next to Josh.

"You look nice this morning" commented Josh.

"Thanks" I muttered.

I don’t do well with complements for some odd reason.

"On wards to prison!" shouted Dan from the passenger’s seat.

We all laughed at his outburst as we sped away from my apartment at to the wretched place called school.