Prologue

If it doesn't say that the POV has changed, it's automatically Alex's xD Sorry if that confused you! Thanks for reading. *edited but not that well lmao*

Prologue: Brianna's Big Idea

"Alex!"

"What?" I call back to my best friend, who I'm guessing is in her room. I put a spoonful of my Lucky Charms into my mouth, waiting for her response.

She didn't yell back, though, instead I hear some thumping. Brianna rushes into the kitchen, frantically waving her arms around.

"Alex," she says out of breath. "I have a brilliant idea!"

"What now?" I mumble. You see, we share an apartment and I'm the only one who has a job. Which isn't that good having only me buying food, paying rent. Especially since I have a stupid job that gives little pay.

I really need a better job, but I don't know. I guess I can't risk loosing everything if it doesn't work out.

"Don't be like that! This is a good one this time," she starts. I nod for her to go on with the idea.

"You see, there's this new movie coming out," she trails off. "And they are holding auditions like 5 miles away."

"So you want to audition?" I ask. That idea isn't completely bad. It would get her money, and she'd see famous people and all that jazz.

"No. I want us to audition," she corrects. Hold up.

"Nope nope nope, I am not auditioning," I say, shaking my head so fast, I'm surprised I don't have whiplash. She pouts.

"Please Alex!" She begs.

"No."

"Please, I'll give you something!" She offers. "I'll give you 20 bucks."

"You don't even have 20 bucks." I reply.

"I'll-uh...buy you food." She says. Food does sound good right about now. Only, I would be the one paying for it, so no use really.

"But you'd eat it."

"I promise I won't!" She counters. "Please?".

"No." I say and she frowns.

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to audition. You can all you want, but I don't wanna." I tell her. She's silent for a while, so I take another bite of my cereal.

"But I don't wanna do this alone," she whines. "C'mon there might even be a cute boy who's also auditioning," she bribes. Not working.

"No."

"What can I do to change your mind?!" She exclaims. I look over at the sink, filthy dishes lying messily all in/around it. It's literally piling up, and it looks like a mountain.

"I will audition-"

"YES!"

"If you clean the dishes for a month," I say and smirk. She hates doing the dishes. Her smile falls slightly.

"Okay!" She says. "It's just dishes right? Anyways, in a bit they will call you and tell you when your audition is."

I freeze.

"You already signed us up?" I asked confused. "When did this happen?"

"Yesterday."

"And what made you think I'd actually agree?" I ask raising an eyebrow. She shrugs.

"I'd get you to agree one way or another."

I groan, putting my face in between my hands.

"There's no getting out of this is there?" I ask, and she shakes her head. I sigh.