all the things she's beaten.

She's nothing special, if you don't account for the blue eyes and blonde hair that everyone else seems to envy. It's hard to tell who she is, or even her age; but she won't hesitate to tell you she's five foot six, because she's always been captivated by height. She doesn't aspire to be famous, because most days, she aspires to be tall. With teeth in perfect, five thousand dollar alignment, she won't hesitate to flash you a quick smile (but conversations are a whole different story). The most beautiful thing about her is something she'll never admit to anyone, and that no one person will ever really be able to identify. The most beautiful thing about her is not something easily noticed, or even remotely visible to a stranger. Even her best friends aren't sure what she finds beautiful about herself; perhaps it's because they've never asked.

She truly believes that the scars on her arms are the most beautiful thing about her - not because they've broken her skin but because they are marks of everyone she put ahead of herself, and all the things she has overcome. Mostly, these scars show all the things she's beaten. Not because they're present, but because now, they're fading.