Chapter 6- Just Already guys?!?!

Who the hell could be sitting on the sofa at this time of night? As I crept forward my heart began quickening and I couldn't breathe for sear scarceness. "Jess, We need to talk."

George?! George?!?!?!

I sighed and went into the light by the sofa edge and looked him, he looked like he hadn't slept in days as if pain had aged his eyes they were red. He had been crying..or the guy version of crying at least. Weeping? Idk?

"So talk?" I put on my tough guy attitude depending on how long it'll last we have to find out.

George took a deep breath before speaking, "Jess I know I have caused you a lot of pain this past week and I know it is essentially my fault on why you haven't been the same, why you haven't been hanging out with us, well me so much and I know I may have blown this out of proportion-"

"MAY HAVE! MAY HAVE! " I shouted, my temper flaring so much for the tough guy cos he just left.

George swallowed and continued, " look what I saw in the train hurt me and I know I should have let you explain but i let my pride got in the way and tell me otherwise, I knew deep down that their was nothing between you and Diggory you both have said so yourselves, but I guess I was just scared of what could have been the answer. I mean you looked at peace, so at peace with him that it hurt, it stung so much that I couldn't even look at you without picturing you two together like that. I was an idiot and your right I am a fool, a big massive-" "Idiotic?" "Yeah idiotic fool who should have believed in his friends and not let his fear get in the way of what mattered most to him in the world."

George looked at me this time pleading mercy praying beyond belief that I would show him some but there were more answers I needed him to give me. I walked away from him towards the window studying the moon in perfect proportion and ambience. " I could of killed you today.." I heard George get up and cross behind me keeping his distance whilst saying, " I've never seen your look so fierce and determined, and yet so hauntingly beautiful all at once. When you stood in front of him preparing to give your life something clicked, I haven't seen you look like that since you defended me from a hex. When you raised your wand, the determined look in your eyes they were locked and I couldn't tear myself away I knew you could kill, I know you can you have the charm with it but you threaten just as good."

George sighed and continued, "When you didn't back down or pull away from him something snapped inside me and for the life of me I battled it I forced it down because I didn't want to hit you, hurting you would kill me in itself. You were testing me though, when you said, " you won't harm him, calm your mind and walk away," you were giving me an out a way to regain my self mind. Why did you do that?"

I sighed this time getting confused with where the conversations was going, "I gave you an out because you couldn't find it yourself, I could see your torn expressions cover your face and cloud your judgement. I didn't want to see you self destruct...wouldn't of been a pretty sight." We laughed at the light hearted-ness of it. I could feel George's breath along my spine, "why did you save him? Why did you save Diggory?"

I hung my head before turning round to face George with only the moon to illuminate his face and answered, " Cedric wasn't the one who needed saving, it was you."