Chapter 4- Reconciliation time??

I had spent practically the whole day with Cedric just talking and hanging out, I felt calm, calmer than I have felt in a long time, of course rumours about us going out and dating had circulated round the school within the day and we had our fair share of oglers from both the female and male population of Hogwarts. We both knew the truth and knew we weren't made for each other that way, but we did love each other as bestest of friends and comrades. We did flirt with each other to get people off our backs but what happened that afternoon changed something within me.

I was outside Dumbledores Office waiting to be allowed entrance when the stone gargoyle leapt to the side as I stepped up on the platform going up to the office. I knocked 3 times before cracking open the door. Dumbledore was standing about looking at his many instruments, "ah Jessica! Wonderful to see you, please take a seat" I sat down and waited for Dumbledore to continue, "now I'm sure your wondering why I summoned you from your free period? You are here because I wanted to explain the letters I sent you before the start of term. I know you have had a tough time lately since your parents passed but you have survived very well since then. As you know voldemort is back, he will be back and many students here are worried, their parents are worried, and with that worry the students will not return next year because of this fear to do with him. Many of the students parents are giving up, they are running away to protect their children but these children will not have a place safe enough to go other than Hogwarts. I am asking you to take them in and care for them, protect them, teach them teach them to defend themselves, I know Harry is the main priority for this mission but he will need all the help to fight this war and I trust no one else other than you to teach these kids to defend themselves when the time comes."

I took a deep breath not realising I had been holding it since Dumbledore had started talking to me about his mission? Millions of questions ran through my mind and I was panicking not being able to breath before it pulled me under and I drown. I summoned the courage to trust my tongue to not falter as I spoke, " Professor, I'm sorry but I'm not ready for this, I'm 16 years old, a child myself and I haven't enough knowledge on the advanced magic to teach them to defend themselves, nor have I the space or money or supplies to turn my house into a care home for students whose parents have ditched their skins and run. I..I can't do this. Harry should be doing this not me." I looked down unsure whether I should be hearing this or not.

Dumbledore cleared his throat, "Jessica, I know you can do this, you have impeccable grades for a witch your age, Ms.Granger has an akin soul to yours in that relevance. Your mind is advanced with knowledge of your teachers, your feistiness for protecting your friends and the perseverance to never give up fighting no matter how dead the cause is. You have a level head and a calmness that even Harry will look too for support when his life gets too muddled. I been privileged to see you grow up into an intelligent woman who never loses hope, you have to be that person to guide the others. A spark is all it takes, then the rest will follow. This war won't be easy, you will have to make hard decisions even if Harry can't do them himself you will have to step up to take heed. No one knows of this situation except myself and you, I know you will do well with this task no matter how hard it may be, you will guide Harry in his quest and protect us while doing so."

I look up at Dumbledore seeing him smile at me through his half moon spectacles waiting for me to ask the many questions on my lips. I know the answer the minute I look at Dumbledore, my fate is sealed. As I stand to leave, Dumbledore speaks again, "i know you have questions and doubts about what I have asked of you, but remember Harry is the best hope we have, trust him." I nodded understanding the weight of the burden so suddenly and walked out, down the corridors and out.

There was shouting, arguing and profanities. I squeezed through the students that had gathered to see the brawl, once in the midst of it all I saw George and Cedric shouting and arguing over me, my welfare this was the result the two most dearest people I care about ready to draw blood. George got angry very angry and was about to duel him, I acted on instinct not caring whether I get hit I wasn't gonna let my friend get beat. I took out my wand and raised at George aiming at his heart, all of a sudden it was as if the sky had stormed over and everything had turned cold. I had a death grip on my wand which was sparking ice blue flames at the tip, my eyes reflected the sameness to the flames. My right arm was shielding Cedric behind my body to prevent him from getting hit or involved. " You will not harm him...now calm down walk away. No blood shall be spilt today." I relaxed my emotions but kept a tight grip on my wand and a tight grip on Cedric's arm whilst he held my arm back. George was still holding his wand, a display of emotions torn across his face before I repeated myself again, "You will not harm him..." I grabbed Cedric and hauled him up, we clung to each other as we walked away through the crowd towards a quiet area to heal any wounds he may have gotten.

Cedric looked at me as I checked any wounds he might have gotten thank god there was none. As I waved my wand over him testing any internal damage but luckily again none, though I can't say the same for George. Cedric saw the frustration in my brows, "Jess? What's wrong? You did nothing wrong if anything you stopped us from duelling and ending up in a worser state than we are in. Hey look at me?" Reluctantly I did, "Cedric I can't help but feel that I have bruised him deeply and I had no intention in it, he's taken something and twisted it, he saw us on the train and thought we were together cos I fell asleep on your shoulder, he saw, I didn't think nothing of it til he got angry at me and snapped then yes we drifted, I got angry at him for being angry at you and misjudging us on what he saw even though I've told him our situation he just I don't understand what's going on through his mind. And then today I threatened him, I aimed my wand at him and I could of killed him.?!" All this emotion was too much, too depressing, but Cedric just laughed and said, " isn't it obvious?" As I looked at his face all calm and such shock registered over my face til I understood what he meant.

We sat there talking for a few hours til it dawned on me what a great friend I truly had in Cedric. As we left for the feast we decided to go in separate to disclose any rumours to be put to rest and be brushed under the carpet. Cedric gave me a cuddle before kissing my cheek giving my hand a squeeze in reassurance and walking away to the great hall.