Chapter 16: Don't piss me off..you'll regret it

The journey to the station was eventful, the 8 of us were chaperoned by the Order right to the wall before we all run through to board the Hogwarts express taking us back to school for the rest of the year. Sirius had tagged along in his animagus form of a black dog, he had said goodbye to Harry privately before changing back again into his dog form. I was the last to go through giving everyone a cuddle and a nod before bending down to Sirius rubbing his head and running through the wall to the train.

That was two weeks ago Hogwarts hadn't changed much, Umbridge was relishing her new found fear onto the students and we rebelled back refusing to go down. It was one evening after a DA lesson that I was walking with Harry when I noticed the twins comforting a younger year, a boy who I recognised from the lessons over Christmas I gave. Absent minded I glanced at Harry noticed he was rubbing his hand, the scratch marks Umbridge had submitted him too as punishment for no logical reason what so ever. He knew what the boy was crying about, he had the same mark. The twins rubbed the boys back whispering comforting encouraging words to him to make him feel better when Umbridge cheerfully spoke looking at Harry and me, "everyone needs to be punished for their bad behaviour Mr Potter and Miss Griffin. It's a duty to your school." Harry flinched his wrist I grabbed it looking at him sternly, don't give in to her, don't sink to her level it will rebound. I looked back at Umbridge and smiled sweetly which unnerved her slightly as she walked away in a pink flurry. I caught George's eyes and nodded walking off with Harry down the corridor to the Gryffindor Common room for the night.

I awoke early Saturday morning remembering to go and visit Hagrid as Dumbledore had told me to do in the letter he gave specifically as Hagrid himself had told me to come in 2 weeks this weekend as he was going to be gone awhile off Hogwarts grounds on business.? Sighing not bothering to think at this time in the morning for fear of scrambling the logic to it I yanked on the first clothes my hands touched, grabbed my wand and the letter stuffing them into my pockets before leaving a note on the dresser case the girls wondered where I had gone. I know Katie and Flora are going to kill me if I do another disappearing act again on them if I don't. Making my steps quick and quietly I slipped down the hallways like a ghost unnoticed by anyone out the front door and across the courtyard down the bridge to the walkway to Hagrids Hut. It was early barely 8am but the sun was shimmering on the grounds of Hogwarts basking it in a warm glow that made me hug Cedric's jacket closer to my body for warmth. I forget how tiring the walkway is down to Hagrids as my breathes came heavy and laboured, running through the pumpkin patch knocking on the door I hear fang howl as Hagrid opens it. Greeted by a smile then a tug on my arm I'm yanked inside as Fang jumps my legs making me topple over onto the chair by the fireplace. "Where you careful? No one followed you here huh? Are you sure you came alone?" Hagrid asked in a panic. Rubbing Fangs ears I replied, "yes Hagrid I left like a ghost wasn't seen by anyone living or dead satisfied? Now what's this all about Dumbledore didn't explain much in the letter he was skeptical to be honest and I admit I am confused very very confused." Hagrid sat down in a chair before saying, "Dumbledores not the only one whose been giving you an extra task to do or three Jess, I've been away for his bidding also, been tryna get giants to join the cause, help against you know who. Needless to say it was pitiful but I had help so that weren't too bad. Now Dumbledores asked me to take you into the forbidden forest for something to a specific point then you're on your own from there he'll meet you at the point when you find it. I'm sorry its so cryptic but he's a good man Dumbledore a good man he knows what he's doing? We gotta go now or it'll be too late you ready?" Nodding much to myself I walked out following Hagrid into the forbidden forest to meet Dumbledore I slipped my wand out of my pocket gripping it like a snake round it's prey ready for whatever creatures lurking in the depths of up the misty darkness.

We followed a old dirt trail for a mile or so then it stopped at a tree trunk, Hagrid bid me goodbye and walked away back to his hut leaving me alone in the forest with nothing but my thoughts and wand. Taking a deep breath I kept my wits about me remembering what my dad used to say, "always follow your feet cause you'll find your way back in the end.", as I trekked and picked my way through the forest floor going deeper into them with each step. Seeing the fog thicken and the forest darken inching closer to me as if caving me in an eternal darkness beside them, I cast my wand swiftly around me emitting my patronus as a guide and light to comfort as well as protect me. Noticing a dim glow emitting in the distance a few meters away I quickened my pace running towards it, running alongside with my patronus. Coming to a clearing in the middle skidding down the steep dip of earth I turned round checking for a sign of life. There was nothing, just emptiness not so much as a creak or a breeze of wind. I held my breath raised my wand infront of me in a defensive stance with my left hand stroked my lion who stood beside me also in a defensive stance before walking round the perimeters of the clearing warding off any dangers. For the next 5 minutes were agonising as I was on alert, I didn't breathe, I didn't blink, I didn't dare move for fear something was going to strike.