Chapter 18: Into the Wild-lings Frey

Zelda and I have been on the run since Christmas, well late December after the burning of the burrow, a place that was sacred to all of us..to see it consumed like that it broke my heart..everything was happening so fast that I didnt know what would happen next or what around the corner. The early signs of spring were in as the morning dew lazed over the forrest floors. We were somewhere northern from home and we hadn't heard much from the other Order members or the DA. Sevgi did occasionally send me a message from the galleion coins we used last year, saying that Luna, Ginny and Neville had begun the DA again and that she was passing her exams with okay grades. i always messaged her back a well done or a smile letting her know that its good and shes making me proud.

{TIMEJUMP!!}

It was another glorious sunny morning in mid may I was trekking through a forrest on the outskirts of a small village near Cumbria borders and we had been following various roots and trails of Voldemorts deatheater attacks on muggles for clues to where Voldemort was. So far every trail was cold we were on our last one; it was reported that a band of deatheaters and snatchers were patrolling the borderlines of the forrets around Aberdeen to Cumbria, stopping any muggleborn or witch related folk from going further ending in Hogsmeade. Since Zelda and I were the only Order members that werent recognised by the deatheaters as of yet and we were the furthest northwards we decided to scout them out. I looked over towards Zelda who was hiding behind a tall oak opposite me as we listened to voices a few meters infront of us. Wanting a better look Zelda stealthed forward as quiet as a barn mouse behind some berry bushes; whilst I hopped from tree to tree in the branches resting on one right above a dying a fire. There were 7 of them and two of us we were definatly outnumbered but not outsmarted. Deciding to shake things up i waved my wand doing a confunding spell on the snatchers making them talk about their plans and the progress of them. My eyes widening with every word they said, my blood boiling in comparison I wanted this to end I just didnt want to be found out. Noticing a rabbit and a branch creaking ahead of the camp the four persons ran off after it hunger blazing in their eyes. taking my queue i nodded at Zelda who was ready..I made my move.

Elegantly i jumped down from the tree landing as quietly and delicately as a ballerina I coughed to annouce my presence. *cough-cough* PUNCH, a deatheater was down with a broken nose that was bleeding profoundly and shock to the head before he even said a word; grinning and in fighting poise i spoke,"partys over boys." Fumbling for their wands i duelled them whilst Zelda was taking the unconcious memories for information on Voldemort. Hearing a scuffle behind me i turned to see Zelda duelling the others and fighting the rest of them. Letting a moment distract me the deatheater Knocked me off my feet and kicked my wand away from my grasp. So much for my quick and easy escape plan. Looking towards the deatheater who knocked me he aimed his wand at me my hands came to protect my face but i just smiled grimly as a bolt of ice shot from my hands at him projecting him into air and away. Jumping to my feet i shot bolts and bolts of ice chips, shards and icles at anyone who tried to take me down until i heard Zelda shout, "Stop!" Lowering my hands i turned round to see Zelda with a wand at her throat held by a brute deatheater. The deatheater spat at me, "YOU! GIRL! DROP YOUR HANDS AND DONT MOVE, IM GONNA GIVE YOU A GOOD SHOW, YOU GET TO WATCH YOUR FRIEND HERE DIE. ANY LAST WORDS MUDBLOOD?" I shook my head I knew what was coming..and yet i didnt want to face it. The deatheater spoke to Zelda in a whisper, "any last words...?" Zelda looked at me with pride in her heart and warmth in her watery eyes before she spoke to me oblivious to anything around her, "yes...Exécutez .. petit rêveur .. terme." The last thing i saw and heard was a bright white light and a terrified scream, shielding my eyes i looked back once silence filled the void.

Zelda was gone. The deatheater was gone. All that was left was a fresh trail of blood splattering the already rust coloured forrest floor. Noticing the smell before the sight infront of me was hard to stomach, Zelda had tried to splinch the deatheater, tear him apart, she did but she took herself with it. Bits of arms and other body parts were severed or mangled away from its host luckily the deatheater took most of the blow. Kneeling down to Zelda's cold lifeless body i looked into her eyes, oceanic blue deep and mysterious yet now lost in the coldness of sudden death. Closing her eyes she looked almost peaceful, like she was sleeping; taking her hand in mine i noticed she was gripping something..? The bottle! The bottle with the stunned deatheaters memories well thoughts whichever..this could help, this could track down Voldemort. My mind was reeling on the next plan of action..when guilt overcome me..Zelda had only died a mere 5 minutes ago and here i was moving forward..surging towards a breakthrough..and i hadnt even buried her yet. Shaming myself I took her scarf from around her neck and tried it around my boot before summoning her body and taking for burial away from this carnage.