Chapter Eleven: Cyra Merison

Chapter Eleven:

Cyra's POV

"You're going to do fine...." Finnick smiled at me slowly, as the tube began to lift. "Good luck..." He smiled as I turned around to face the center of the arena, my DISTRICT FOUR sign on my back catching each bit of light as I slowly rose into the arena.

The things that go through your head in three seconds:

'3....... ' I sighed quickly, and opened my violet eyes a little bit wider.

'2......' I huffed and glanced at the Cornucopia, spotting a pack of throwing knives, and a backpack I knew I had to grab before the Career's did.

'1........' My back tensed, my shoulders arched.... I was in full attack position.

When the horn sounded, I jumped from my spot grabbing the throwing knives, and the backpack I had wanted when a District Seven boy, tugged the other end of the back pack, holding the spear he had in his hand at my neck. My eyes darkened as I swung back, slugging him in the nose and watching him fall back onto the ground. I spun my knife around and stabbed him in the center of the chest. The cannon fired twice in one moment, signaling I wasn't the only one who had just killed someone else. For a moment, guilt struck me, but I ignored it and headed to the one thing I knew how to find best.

The water.

I ran until my legs ached and soon spotted a river on the upside of the arena. It was small, and tucked away between two  or three trees. I slowly opened my backpack, making sure I was out of sight from the other tributes. Upon opening the backpack, I found small food items, and scattered items that made be found useful later on.

That's when there was rustle in the bushes behind me. I whipped my head around quickly to face the noise, when a girl, about seventeen came out from it.

"Hi..." She smiled. "I'm Casey."

I was appalled that someone could just come over here and expect me to be nice to them. This was the HUNGER Games... not 'let's all be friends' day....

"Hi, Casey..." I started.

She smiled at me and laid some fish over the fire... 

How on earth had she hunted so fast????? I thought to myself.

Casey smiled at me and cracked her knuckles. "I was wondering, if you wanted to be in an alliance with me?" She smiled softly, her green eyes sparkling. I Noticed the big DISTRICT ELEVEN sign on her back. She seemed pretty strong.... I didn't have many option's alliances wise....

"I-  I guess so..." I stuttered.  Casey smiled and clapped her hands. "Good...I've always wanted someone to hang around with, at least for a little while... " She laughed and rolled out a sleeping bag that was inside her bag. "I know this was random, but I have a good feeling about you..." Casey smiled. "Night."

I stomped out the fire and rolled out my sleeping bag in return. "Okay... then..." I sighed and rolled over to fall asleep.

The next morning, I woke up to Casey standing above me, holding two rabbits. "Hey!" she laughed, "Since you stepped all over the fish I got last night, I brought some more stuff today!"

She smiled and cooked the rabbits over a new fire she had built.

"Thanks, Casey...." I smiled.

I had finally found someone to have an alliance with.

It stayed strong for about two days.

Casey and I were running outside. We were laughing, as we had become very good friends since that night when she appeared and came to my camping site. As we rushed into the forest, I began to creep slower.....and then slower.... I spotted a small deer. I didn't want to kill it, so I turned away... But Casey turned me around.

"I know... you're going to feel bad... But, Cyra, we need to food." She smiled softly and took out her bow that she was skilled with.

I huffed as we walked forward, when all of a sudden the deer scampered away. I breathed a sigh of relief, until I saw the group standing behind the deer.

Alia and Cato smirked at me.

"Oh, look, it's fish girl...!" Alia laughed and pulled her bow from her backpack.

"Back off, Alia!" Casey shouted in reply, "Just leave us alone!"

Cato snickered. "Leave you alone? Ha..." Cato pulled a sword from his belt and ran after Casey. Casey tried to bring herself up into a tree, but was too slow. She instead slipped and fell back, right into the blade of Cato's sword.

 "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" I screeched, falling over Casey's limp body. The cannon sounded, just as Cato came back behind me, preparing to strike again, on me this time. I wasn't going to let that happen.

I pulled my knife from my pocket and kicked him.... where it hurts. He limped over in pain and I held my knife to his neck.

Alia lunged at me, and I kicked her in the back so hard that she doubled over in pain.

"LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!" I yelled at them both. I reluctantly let Cato go and he scampered away behind Alia.

I dropped down beside Casey's body... The plane hadn't come yet, so I had just a few moments. I braided her long dark hair, and closed her eyes gently.

"Thank you, Casey...." I sighed and ran away as the planes began to fly down. I rushed away and back to my campsite, the tears rushing down my face....