Chapter Seven: Cyra Merison

Chapter Seven:

Cyra's POV

--

I clearly still didn't understand what was wrong with that stupid boy from District Two. I rolled my eyes and got up off the floor to go show off my skills to the Gamemakers.

Finnick stood in the corner, smiling at me before quickly exiting the room.

I breathed deeply and looked into the eyes of the people who in a few days would be trying to kill me.

"Ah. It's the little Capitol rebel...." one of them laughed.

I noticed he was sitting next to a man with a knife in his hand. District Two freaks...

I sighed, assuming that the blonde one was behind it. He had always seemed a little... off....

Ignoring the comment, I walked over to the stack of knives. I picked one up, feeling the weight in my hands. I stretched my arms into the air sighed for a moment. That's when the action began.

I crouched getting close to the ground. I twirled the knife in my hands, managing to do three cat-like and sleek back-flips before slamming the knife into the dummy. I yanked the knife out of that dummy, back flipping back to my starting position, before flinging my leg up and over my head, over the dummy's head, twisting and stabbing the knife into where the dummy's heart would be. I breathed deeply, and walked back over to the back of the room, picking up the largest knife In could find and walking over to the finial three dummy's, the ones directly in front of the Gamemakers. It was time for a little grand finale.

I front-flipped into a deep roll, and yanked the knife from my belt, and jumped into the air, flaring my legs and spinning, before stabbing the knife into the dummy's head. Ripping it out of it's head, within in the same motion, and kicked the next dummy back wards, causing it to fall to the floor, as I grabbed my knife, flipping once more for a bit of a show, and scrapping the knife across the dummy's chest. Satisfied with the hit on the second dummy, I neared the third. I could feel the Gamemakers eyes on my neck, closely watching my every move, clearly impressed by my performance.

I arched my back, and ran, another one of my skills, and jumped kicking the dummy in the face so hard, it's plastic head popped off and rolled toward the table where the Gamemakers sat.

I breathed a sigh, and smirked as I pushed the doors open, leaving the room without any feedback.

--

Later that evening, I sat with the other District Four tributes. Out of the four of us, two were Careers. Gemma, the other girl was one, and the other, Marcus. Then, there was one weaker boy named Rivers.

They all sat at the edge of there seats.... ready to see the scores. I leaned back in one of the chairs, my hair tied up as I watched the screen flickered on.

First the scores for District One kids popped up: 

Marvel: 8

Rockardo: 8.2

Glimmer: 8.5

Diamond: 7.8

 --

Followed by District Two:

Cato: 10.5

(I was shocked that the boy who threw a knife at the Gamemakers got such a good score.)

Steam: 5.2

Alia: 11

Clove: 7.4

 --

Then came District Three. We were all nearly on edge by this point in the show.

Glomer: 9

Gearis: 8.3

Electra: 6.7

Merosa: 7

-- 

The four of us breathed heavily as our scores popped up on the screen. 

Marcus: 10 (Marcus high-fived the rest of us, clealy exited by his result.)

Rivers: 8.5 (He shrugged, like he didn't really care and sat still.)

Gemma: 9.9 (She jumped up and hugged Marcus tightly, who she clearly had feelings for.)

I paused, refusing to look at the screen to see my score, when I heard shouts of joy from around me.

I looked up at the screen in shock.

Cyra: 11.5

My eyes widened....That was.... Almost a perfect score. You could say I was in pure shock. I couldn't believe what I had read....

"That's not..........." Was all I could manage to say before passing out.