Join the Decepticons, We Have Your Foster Parents

Plan for attack: We have none. At all. Still. Even after hours of brainstorming. It's not like we can just waltz in there, stop the Decepticons, and waltz back out. It'd be nice if we could though. But we can't.

"Anyone else in need of a nap?" Hunter asks, yawning. The rest of us nod. We'd been looking at the map of the crater for four hours straight, and had exhausted our brain power.

"Why don't we take a break, and meet back here in an hour?" I suggest, knowing that even though it meant one less hour of thinking, everyone would feel better after a break. I stand up and stretch, then meander over to where Bumblebee is trying to get the mud off of himself.

"Let me get a hose," I tell him, leading him down the hall toward the appliance room (I'm not entirely sure why we have this room, but it has a hose in it, so whatever). Finding the hose, I test it in my hand to see if it works.

"You might want to transform into your car form, Bumblebee," I warn him. Bumblebee heeds my warning, and I hose the mud off of him.

"There. Good as new! Well, sort've," I say, stepping back to admire my work. "I think I got all of it off." Bumblebee transforms back, and beeps and buzzes his thanks.

"You're welcome," I say, putting the hose away. We go back out to the commons of HQ. I head to my backpack to check on what I have in it. My phone buzzes at me. I groan. It was my foster mom. My foster parents are great as far as foster parents go, but sometimes, they are way overprotective. The text says:

 The text says:

I sigh. Best not to test their patience. No way am I getting placed in yet another home yet.

"Bumblebee, my foster parents need me back at the house. Can you get me back fast?" I ask. He beeps his affirmation.

"Great. Thanks," I say, checking the time. It's 11:30.

"Team, I'll be back around 12:30. Start planning without me, text me what you come up with," I call out to my team. A chorus of "Okay" and "See you later" sounds out across HQ. I hop into Bumblebee, and off we go. 15 minutes later, we pull up at the front of the house. I get out of the car and trek into the house.

"Hey, I'm back!" I call from the front door. Silence. I'm immediately on alert. My foster mom always responds to my calls when I get home, whether she's in the kitchen or bedroom folding laundry.

"Tina? Jace? Are you home?" I call again, slowly stepping further into the house. No response. I walk as quietly as I can to the back door. Neither Tina nor Jace are in the backyard as far as I can tell. Not in the house. But their car is in the driveway.

"Something's wrong," I breathe. Suddenly, I hear a noise. Metal on metal. Instinctively, I duck. Good thing I do, because a metal hand comes bursting through the wall, snatching at where my body just was. I dare not breathe, for fear that whatever just tried to rip me in half will hear. Slowly the hand disappears back through the wall. In a mad dash, I run upstairs. Now I can hear metal footsteps outside, but I'm not sure if they're Bumblebee's or something else's.

"Come on out of there, pretty human. I know you're in there," a raspy, nasally voice says. Well, that takes Bumblebee off the list of possible robots clanging around the house. "I have your parents." Anger floods my veins. Messing with me is one thing, messing with my foster family is a big no-no.

"Let my parents go. They know nothing about this," I say, cautiously moving toward my room.

"I don't think I want to do that," the voice responds, closer this time. Right outside the wall. I dive into my room just as a second fist comes through the wall. I'm sooo pissed off. Now I'm definitely going to get moved to another foster home. Plus there's a giant, evil Decepticon trying to get me. My priorities may have been a little out of order there, but I don't care.

"Does the little hornet not want to come out of its hive?" the voice asks mockingly. I quickly crawl across the room to underneath my bed. I have a secret stash of weapons that hopefully, (keyword: hopefully) will help me, and my foster parents, get out of this mess.

Bumblebee, I need a distraction right about now.

As if he can read my mind, Bumblebee comes leaping over the fence around our backyard, and onto the back of the Decepticon. While that's happening, I grab my stash, stick it in my backpack, and race down to the backyard. The Decepticon is still being distracted by Bumblebee, but now I can see that it was Starscream. Man, do I hate him. Evil and annoying. Nasty combo.

Looking around, I see my foster parents tied up by the picnic table

Looking around, I see my foster parents tied up by the picnic table. I run over to them, grab a modified knife from my backpack (part of my weapon stash), and cut their bonds.

"Quickly, go!" I whisper to them, starting to guide them toward the house.

"Lei, what is happening? What are these robots doing at our house?" Tina, my foster mom, asks.

"I'll explain later. You need to go," I insist, pushing my foster parents toward the house. Tina looks like she wants to argue, but Jace guides her toward the house, nodding at me solemnly before entering the house. Mission One: Completed; Mission Two: In Progress. That's when Starscream manages to throw Bumblebee off of him. Right into a large tree.

"No!" I shout, racing toward Starscream. Now, this may seem like a bad idea. But I have a weapon that's modified specifically for cutting into Cybertronian metal. Tested and approved by the Autobots. Being 10x smaller than my adversary gives me an advantage: It's way harder to hit me. The only disadvantage is that I can also get crushed by a foot or body part.

Anyway, Starscream isn't expecting me to have any weapons, so when I use my knife to cut in between his metal plates on his legs, it's so satisfying to hear him squeal. Luckily, the few people who live in our neighborhood are at work, so there's no one to watch this spectacle. I take another dash at Starscream, but he's ready this time and dodges my swing. I retreat toward Bumblebee, who's struggling to get up.

"You okay?" I ask him, turning my back to Starscream. Bad idea. Don't ever turn your back on your enemy. EVER. I would have gotten blasted in the back, had Bumblebee not pushed me down. He takes the shot to his chest, luckily not near his heart, or whatever Autobots have that has their spark in it, but still bad. Bumblebee falls back down, unable to move because of the blast and the damage done by his fall earlier. The edges of my vision blur from my anger. This means war, but I'm not stupid enough to try and do it by myself. I text my team quickly, making sure I have my eyes on Starscream at all times, requesting reinforcements. Their responses are immediate; they're on their way. Now all I have to do is stall for time. I stand back up and face off my enemy again.

A/N: Not Bumblebee, NO! Oh, wait, I'm the reason he's been slammed into a tree and blasted. WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF?!

Oh, hi! You're actually still reading! Umm...thanks and tell me what you think in the comments below!