First Night Home

First Night Home

13th March 2033

Brax's POV (pic of Jaxon on the side ---->)

The past couple of days have been so emotional for Lexi and I, little Jaxon's speedy and sudden arrival caught us off guard, those first six frightening minutes where he wasn't breathing, almost killed us. We both held him close to us as he slept through just about everything, we wanted to hear those first cries and when we did, it was loud but it was a relief to hear and it was the best sound in the world. The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck four times, Dr Watson said that it is common for that to happen, we wouldn't have coped at all if we had lost our little man, specially like that..

It will take a few more days for the fact that I now have  a son to sink in, I'm a daddy, I am responsible for a small person and I sure am loving it so far, I even changed a few nappies. Lexi and I were able to give him his first proper bath yesterday, he loved that, just soaking in the water, he even did a wee while he was in there and squirted Lexi which was funny. Jaxon seems to be settling in well, he sleeps a lot and when he's awake, he's attached to Lexi, I love watching her breastfeed him, although he is stealing all my boobie time, he loves them just as much as I do.

"He's so cute, I want one." Jazzie said softly as she peered over the side of Jaxon's bassinet, Lexi and I had just came home from the hospital with Jaxon about three hours ago, both of them given the all clear to leave. Jazzie and Coop are our first visitors at home, it's feels good to be home but it's also a little scary as tonight will be the first night with just the three of us.

"I don't think so Babe, we can babysit though." Coop shook his head warningly at Jazzie who was now pouting, I chuckled at them. I had set his bassinet up in the livingroom where I can keep an eye on him, I'm not ready for him to sleep on his own in his room yet, that might take a few weeks yet.

"You better make sure that don't happen then." I laughed, here I thought we were safe not using a condom with Lexi on the pill and she still ends up pregnant, I'd laugh if the same happened with them.

"Yeah, just don't forget to take your pill like I did." Lexi chuckled, my head snapped to her as she fixed Jax's blanket, what the hell? I'll have to ask her about that later, not like I would change a thing, I love Jaxon with everything I have.

"Fine, I guess I can wait a few years to get one of these." Jazzie said as she cooed to Jaxon, he was making a face while he was sleeping, Lexi said it's the same one I make, I didn't believe her until she took a photo of it.

"Just make sure it's a girl, they could get married one day when they're older." Lexi joked as she sat back and rested her head against my shoulder, I chuckled beacuse that sounds just like us. I actually thought Jazzie was pregnant when we went away for that week as she was vomiting a lot on the way there, turns out poor Jazzie does get ill when she sits in the back seat while traveling a long way. 

"We better get going Babe, I don't want to be late." Jazzie said as she grabbed her bag, Coop sighed, I guess he isn't looking forward to the family dinner, I only know because Aidan is going and he is shitting himself as it's the first time he's meeting Callie's parents. Lexi got up and gave Jazzie a hug and then started whispering to her as they walked toward the front door, leaving Coop and I just to roll our eyes, typical girl stuff.

"You are a little cutie." Coop cooed to Jax as he stirred and opened his eyes, he is going to be popular with the ladies when he's older, that's for sure, with those bright blue eyes.