I'll Never Let You Go

26th October 2032 (16 weeks and 4 days)

Lexi's POV (pic of Scott on the side ----->)

I have finished packing my overnight bag for tonight, as Brax is taking me somewhere for our second anniversary, I have no idea where he is taking me yet, he claims it's a secret. He had already treated me to a nice weekend away in the cabin that his Mum and Dad own over on the coast. I thought that was our celebration but he had other ideas, and after school today he told me to pack, so now I have, I'm just waiting for him to pick me up.

A soft knock at my door had me sighing softly after I saw who was standing there, it was Dad's new girlfriend, Maddy. I was hoping Dad would've waited a bit longer to fill in that gap that is missing from Mum, in a way I kinda wish he never would. Mum even told him that she wanted him to move on, find love again, be happy, give us kids another mother, I don't need another mother, I had one, and in my heart she'll never be replaced. 

"Hey Lexi, I know we haven't spoken much and with a baby coming soon, you'll be moving out soon, I assume you'll be moving into the Taylor's house?" she asked like she was almost afraid to talk to me, she looks nervous, I'm not that scary am I? Where is she going with this? Don't tell me Dad has asked her to move in already, they've only been together for like five minutes.

"Yes, in a couple of weeks." I said as I moved over to my dresser, which I've already started to pack up a few things to save time later. I looked through my make up bag to make sure I had all my essentials, which had me removing my tampons, don't need those for a while then packed into my overnight bag.

"Well I don't know if your Dad has told you this, but I own a block of townhouses that is actually around the corner from their house and I know one of them is still avaliable and ready to move in straight away if you wish, it's the nicest and biggest out of the four of them, two large bedrooms, lounge and dining room, you'd love the kitchen, and the yard is small but has been all done up nicely, would you consider living there?" I turned to look at her, my eyes probably looking like they were about to pop out, is she for real? I knew Dad had met her while he was working, he told me that but I didn't know she owned them. 

"Why do you want to help us?" as I asked her that I heard her sigh and then noticed Dad standing at the door with his arms folded across his chest, a small smile on his face.

"Because I want to, I want you and Brax to be able to bring your baby home to a place where you can be your own little family, and it's close to your Dad, Matt and Summer, plus you'd have more room to do your own thing." she rattled off, Maddy is a nice girl and I can see why Dad likes her, and to offer Brax and I this opportunity to have our own home, one I don't think we'd get as easy as this. I'm going to have to talk to Brax, I don't know if he just wanted to wait a while until we could afford our own place or move out as soon as a rental came up, in this case it has.

"I'll talk to Brax about it tonight, and I'll let you know." I gave her a small smile and she let out a little squeal of happiness. Ok, she is very enthusiastic and chirpy, I can see why Dad has fallen for her, she does remind me a little bit of Mum, and that is probably the hardest thing to deal with.

"Sweet, I better go organise dinner." she practically skipped out of my room, that looked a little wierd but I guess she's just a bouncy person.

"Lex I'll help you with anything you need with the house, you don't have to worry about that, think about it sweetie, this is an awesome opportuntiy." Dad said walking up to me, wrapping his strong safe arms and hugging me tightly.