Morning Rendezvous

Beep, bzzt, bop.

"It's time? Already?" I ask Bumblebee groggily, rolling over in bed. I look at the clock and groan. It's only about 3 in the morning.

Bzzt, beep, beep.

"Alright, alright. I'm up. Meet you outside in five," I tell Bee through the open window. I get out of bed, dress quickly, and grab my comm, backpack, a comb, and a hair binder before leaving my bedroom. Rushing downstairs, I leave a note for my foster parents. They know a little about Bumblebee, but not a whole lot, so I keep the note short and sweet. Carefully, I sneak out the door into the cold morning air. Bumblebee is already waiting in car form out front. I get in and shut the door.

"Let's go," I tell him, combing my tangled, black hair and putting it up in a ponytail before putting in my comm.

"Queen Bee online. Requesting for statuses," I say into the comm. A crackle comes through before my team starts talking.

"Wheels online," one voice says.

"Camo online," another voice says.

"Medic online," the last voice says.

"Morning, team. We're meeting at the regular rendezvous point, as far as I know, so we'll see each other there. Queen Bee out for now," I say to my team before settling back into Bumblebee's leather seats. We won't reach HQ for another 15 minutes, so I'm going to relax until then. Well maybe. Bumblebee starts beeping and buzzing at me.

"Okay, put Optimus through so I can hear him," I tell Bumblebee, sitting up. Optimus Prime's voice comes out the speakers deafeningly loud and scares the bejeepers out of me. Bumblebee rumbles, his way of laughing since his voice box got damaged.

"Team Hive, can you hear me?" Optimus asks. I lean forward toward the embedded mic in Bumblebee's dashboard.

"We hear you," I respond. "What's going on?"

"I need you and Team Cycle to go on a special mission into Decepticon territory. It's just a scouting mission, but it's an important one. Rest of your team continues to HQ. Understood?" he orders. I rub my hands together in anticipation.

"Understood, Optimus," I say. There's a clicking noise, signaling that Optimus has signed off.

"This is Queen Bee. Change of plans. Wheels, you're with me on a mission for Prime. Rest of you, continue to the rendezvous. Wheels, meet me at Warehouse 13. Queen Bee out," I order into my comm. A murmur of recognition passes through the comms before it's silent again.

"Bumblebee, I'm guessing Optimus told you already where we're heading," I say, leaning back against the car seats. Bumblebee beeps his affirmation. The rest of the ride passes in silence. We get to the Warehouse 13 before Team Cycle does, so I get out and scout the area for any threat or spy before they arrive, and Bumblebee transforms back to his robot form. After a few minutes, Team Cycle skids to a stop in front of us.

"Hey," Jake (a.k.a. Wheels) greets me as he hops off Arcee.

"Hey yourself," I reply, smiling. "Hi, Arcee." She nods at me, having transformed back into her robot form.

"So...any idea where we're scouting?" Jake asks.

"Nope. Optimus didn't say, though Bumblebee knows," I tell him.

"Alright. Then let's roll out, as Prime says," Jake says, stretching.

"You took the words right out of my mouth," I say. In a few moments, we're back on the road. Bumblebee has the windows rolled down, so the wind pulls some of my hair out of my ponytail and whips it around my face.

15 minutes later, Bumblebee and Arcee stop on a dirt road that has pine trees lining both sides of it. Jake gets off Arcee while I get out of Bumblebee.

"This is where we're scouting? There's nothing here," I say, trying to see if I missed something among the trees. Bumblebee shakes his head while beeping and bzzting.

"We have to go into the trees? Bumblebee, you're going to need some camouflage," I tell him, looking at his bright yellow paint job. Jake and I have tanner skin, and Arcee's a dark shade of blue with black highlights.

Sighing, Bumblebee transforms back into a car and starts spinning his wheels in the mud, splattering not only him but all of us, with the dark, wet dirt

"Really?" I ask him once he finishes. Bumblebee shrugs, rumbling his laughter. I can't help, but smile.

"All right. Let's get going," Jake says. We all head into the trees, Bumblebee in the front with me, with Jake and Arcee a little back and to the side of us.

A/N: Hey, reader! Thanks so much for giving this book a peek and reading all the way to the end of Chapter One! Hope you keep reading! It's one heck of an adventure. What are you waiting for?