Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Haha lets go get some ice cream!," Wesley made me laugh hard while in the water. He smiled and we grabbed our shirts and began walking along the shore.

"You gotta admit Keaton does that sometimes haha," Wes laughed and nudged me.

"Yeah hehe he does," smiling, I looked around for an ice cream place. Then I remembered that on Laguna beach, ice cream trucks drive by like every minute.

"There's a truck!" he shouted while grabbing my hand and running towards it.

When we got to the side of the truck, I chose the spongebob on a stick. He chose It too.

The sun hit it right away and began melting very slowly.

"Don't let it drip! " he yelled laughing. I held mine out so the cream didn't drip onto me.

"You've got to lick it haha," Wes added.

I tried but it kept dripping more quickly.

I kept licking it and all of the sudden something happened.

"Like this..." he licked at the same time I did. Then grabbed it from my hand and stared into my eyes. His finer gently wiped the ice cream off my cheek.

I couldn't move. What was I doing? How could this be?

"Uh..-um ahem uh... we-you-wanna go to the beachside store...they-they have a lot of cool stuff I heard..." I still couldn't move. He kept his hand on my cheek.

"Of course...my love," then he put his arm back down by his side.

"Let's go."

I played it off like nothing happened and walked to the small building on the beach side.

When we got inside it was very hot and the roof was made out of bamboo, which was actually really cool.

I played with some keychains and tried on some hats.

"Wesley? Wesley Stromberg is that you?" the cashier looked at him and smiled.

"Shhhhh," Wes went up to him and told him to quite down.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm a really big fan! Omygosh and it's Shayla! so what's the scoop...are you two together or...?"

I walked to the counter next to Wes.

"No! The paps just catch us at wrong times, Shayla is with Keaton," Wesley assured him.

"Then...what's with the shirt?" the man questioned confused.

"Look, Keaton went somewhere and he is wearing the other one," I said.

"Your boyfriend...left you alone...with the guy everyone thinks you're cheating with? that makes more sense then a bear wantin' honey nut cheerios," he replied. I laughed a little at the scenario.

"If I wanted to cheat...which I don't. Wouldn't you think I would try to be a bit sneakier about it then going out in public with him?"

"I guess you're right, okay, well...can I have an autograph...from both of you?"

"Of course!"

He handed us a pen and we signed a gift.

"And where is Drew?" he asked another question and I was getting annoyed.

"He is with Keaton," Wes said.

"Oh."

"Yeah. Do you have anything really cool in this store? to remember a place by?" I questioned.