one

Prom.

A night where every girl tries to impress every guy.

Overrated if you'd asked me a few weeks ago but then, I got asked and suddenly prom was sounding better and better, especially now that it was 4 hours away.

Most girls are probably already getting ready for prom, primping their hair, smearing their makeup,
but I'm definitely not most girls.

Plus I need to catch up on Pretty Little Liars and if you think I'd miss an episode just to look good for some guy then you don't know me at all.

"Madison you do realize prom is less then 4 hours away and you don't even have a dress yet? I really don't want you to stand this boy up he seems like a really nice kid! What was his name? Dave? Dan? Phillip? Peter?"

That's my mom for you, asks a million questions within one sentence.
She means well.

"Shit! A dress. I knew I forgot something!"

"Madison watch your language! I am your mother you know."

"Shi-fuc-- sorry mom, my bad. Um.. Could you toss me my keys from my dresser please?"

"Yeah here honey," she chimed, tossing the keys onto my bed.
"Remember you have a hair and makeup appointment with Angela at 7:30. Please don't be late. I mean it's almost as if I care about prom more than you." My mom let out with a small laugh.

"Just distracted." I grunted, slipping on my slides and heading towards the door.

As I ran down the stairs and flung open the front door, I stopped in my tracks at my mother's sing-songy voice flowing down the stairs.

Shocker.

"Since you won't be home before you leave make sure to take plenty of pictures!"
"I want one of you and Nashly,"
(my bestfriend)
"you and Leo,"
(my bestfriend's boyfriend)
"and of course you and your date!"

"Okay mom I get it, love you." I said trying hide the annoyance in my tone,

she really does mean well.

With our last few words and a few more dramatics from my mother, I finally made it to my black Buick, admiring her in all her muddiness.

My mom always came off as super clingy because we didn't have dad, Ever, or at least that's how I remembered it. When I would ask her about him, she'd take up for him in some ridiculous fashion or avoid the topic completely so I steer clear of it.

Pulling up into Nashly's driveway, I decide to honk obnoxiously just to piss her off.

Nashly and I have been bestfriends since the 6th grade when we both got dress code violations and ended up in the front office together for hours. We eventually started to talk about whatever 6th graders talk about.. and ever since then, us thotties have stuck together like thick thighs and a hot leather seat.

We fight, a lot.

Especially since I absolutely cannot STAND her boyfriend, Leo. When I found out they were dating, I obviously threw a fit because she's my bestfriend and I assumed he would tear us apart or at least prevent 'Face Mask Movie Fridays' and 'School Ditch Beach Days.' Since they've been dating for 2 and a half years now, I'm not so intimidated anymore.