twenty

I woke up all alone, twisted in a heap of warm blankets. Searching around the familiar area, I came to the conclusion I was alone in the comfort of my own bed.

I was used to that.

Stretching leisurely, I let out a disgusting yawn that I somehow felt throughout my how body. What time is it? How did even I get here?

As I recollect the events of the last 24 hours, I began walking loosely through the house. Immediately, the aroma of breakfast wafted to my nose and I began skipping down the stairs at a manic state.

As I finally reach the kitchen, the breakfast chef turned their head, looking in my direction with a ghost of a smile hinting on his lips. I felt my jaw go slack, and Ashton's smile grew wider.

"Good morning little one, are you hungry?"

A smile of my own made its way to my lips as I nodded my head vigorously. Taking a seat at table, he sat down a heaping, steamy pile of pancakes and a tall glass of orange juice right in front of me. I began to eat, sitting comfortably while Ashton kept his focus on me. I focused on the bite in my mouth, chewing slowly when I looked up into Ashton's eyes to find him still watching me carefully.

"I uh," he stuttered, a light pink creeping up his neck. "I wanted to return the favor!" He finally coughed out, training his eyes on the table.

"Of breakfast." he added after a few moments, and if I didn't know better I'd say he was nervous.   I observed the way his eyes darted to avoid mine now that my focus was completely on him. A slow smile crept to my lips, to which he deeply scowled at, still avoiding my steady gaze. He was nervous, I smirked to myself at the thought, finally breaking my concentration and continuing to eat.

"Hello?"

I'd forgotten Ashton had even spoken to me due to my current state of heavily cheesing over the fact I'd made him nervous.

"Thank you," I rushed out, chewing on the inside of my cheek. "For breakfast." I added, mentally face palming for switching the roles.

He leaned in, over the counter pressing his lips lightly to my cheek. The action shocked me immensely and I tried to keep my expression as neutral as possible.

"You're welcome, il mio piccolo fiore."

The way his breath lightly hit my cheek, combined with how sincerely he spoke in his accent, sent me. I hoped he didn't catch the way my thighs clenched tightly. I prayed he hadn't heard the treacherous moan that escaped my lips.

I was sure he could feel my heart pounding nearly out of my chest as I nervously chewed on my lip thinking about what'd happened the last time we had breakfast together.

Okay this is NOT helping my case

"Generally, in a conversation, both people exchange thoughts." Ashton snakily remarked.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes playfully but still not finding a single word to say.

"What are you thinking about?" he quirked his head to the side, running his thumb along my bottom lip.