twenty-five

I woke up with a start, all of the events from the day before pounding through the surface of my mind. Ashton--no Scar had kidnapped me. O my god, he was going to kill me.
I was going to die by the hands of my crush! Who I totally believed had feelings for me too.
Name a sadder love song.

How embarrassing could this get, he was buttering me up!
FOR DEATH

For Oso!
O my god he was going to sell me to Oso..
I was going to be sold and never be seen again by Nash or baby Nash or my mom or --

"Woah woah hey, Calm down love. You're okay, I'm not going to hurt you." I turned to the door to see Marco holding out a plate of food to me, his other hand in the air as if he was surrendering..
to me.
As if I somehow I had any power in the situation.

I began to laugh, no cackle, which was beyond ugly since I was already borderline hyperventilating. I cackled until the mere thought of anyone in this drug house surrendering to me became parallel with reality.
After kidnapping me!

Yep, I'd lost the last sliver of my humanity.
I'd gone awol psycho!

"Right..
ASHTON THE GIRLS GONE MAD YOU'D BETTER HURRY!!"

And with that he was gone.

I had almost convinced myself I'd imagined him, when Ashton came barreling through the door at a record speed.

"Are you .. Alright?" His voice wavered, as he came to a sliding halt.

"Alright? Am I.. Alright?" My eye twitched, and I knew the word vomit would follow.
"YOU KIDNAPPED ME! I TRUSTED YOU AND YOU KIDNAPPED ME!!! NOW YOU'RE GOING TO SELL ME TO OSO JUST LIKE THE LIAR THAT YOU ARE!"
I slammed my hand to my mouth, eyes wide.
Oh no, no, no, no, no,
now I was going to die right his second now.
Now I wouldn't even have time to formulate a plan to try and escape and fail.
Great.

Instead, a genuine smile slid over Ashton's features, the one I couldn't ignore to continue my panic. He took a seat next to me, on the bed and in that moment our close proximity felt right.

Wait am I coming down with stock-hold syndrome?
Who's surprised?

"I'm going to kill Oso and I'm keeping you here because that is the only way I can make sure you are safe while I do." he stated matter-a-factly, leaning impossibly closer.

"Oh."
I rung my hands in circles, trying to make sense of him.
Yesterday, he was incredibly intimidating and now he was sincerely smiling?

While simultaneously, calmly planning a murder?

Signs of a mentally unstable-

"So that means everything that you've done.. Was just to keep me safe?" I tried to hide the idiotic disappointment in my voice,
I tried.

But a huge part of me hoped he'd say no, that somewhere along the Princess Protection Program he'd started to develop feelings like I had. The one small sliver of me that he hadn't consumed, knew he hadn't, you don't just change your ways for some girl when you can have any girl.
By the way he was staring at me, I would without a doubt restore all hope for that sliver.

"Right, everything I did was for you. Now, if you get some sleep, when it's night tomorrow he'll be dead and you'll be free."

I nodded, shielding the bit of disappointment from my kidnapper.

He'd never understand.

However..

"Oh, and Ashton?"

He turned, peeking his head through the door last minute and I shuddered under his dark gaze.

"Could you tell Marco to come here? I-I-i think he left something."

Please believe I'm not lying
Please belie-

Clearing his throat, he sent a curt nod my way and disappeared behind the door.

Moments later, the door opened wide and much like his brother Marco's head appeared. His disheveled hair made me laugh although, either of the brothers could pull off any messy look.

"I knew it couldn't just be gone! Where is the comic book?" he frowned, scanning the room carefully.
His eyes fell on me and I snapped out of the trance.

"Huh? I made that up. Listen I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh right," he sputtered, "what was it that you needed?" His eyes still slightly surveyed the room, and I waited for them to land on me patiently.

I needed his full attention because what I was about to say,would definitely make or break this conversation.

Definitely break

"I want to go kill Oso."