Chapter 1

"Do you have everything? Clothes? Bathroom essential? Apartment keys? Honey I still insist I should look at the apartment you choose. Making sure it's safe." Jac said while watching her daughter packing her last things into a suitcase.

"Mom.. I have everything. And it's okay. The salary I get from helping you and mommy enough for a couple of months rent." Kate smiled and zip close her suitcase. "I'm going to be fine mom. I promise." A knock was heard from the door and they both turn.

"The car is ready. Seriously Kate, you want to use the old car instead of your own?" Jacob asked with concern. He always been protective of his little sister because she's the only sibling he has.

"Yes. I don't want to be flashy. I'm sorry mom but I don't I want to have a job that made everyone cringe when they learn I'm your kid." Jac chuckle and open her arms for her. "Okay. Since you want to be independent, I let you be who you want to be."

They hug. They usually hug but this time it's different. Kate could feel how hard her mother letting her go. When they pull away, Kate smile when she notice how her older brother would wipe his tears away. "Come here!" Kate went to her brother and hug him.

"If there's anything, anything at all, call me, or mom or mommy. We promise we'll be there as soon as we can." Jacob gave her sister a last squeeze before letting her go. "Go talk to mommy. She's been crying." Jacob chuckle and help Jac carrying Kate's belonging to the car.

Kate walk out and went into her mother's bedroom. She heard soft sobbing sound coming from the room. "Mommy?" She notice her mother sitting on the bed with her face on her palm. Natalia look up and open her arms for Kate to hug.

"Mommy.. you're a leader of a notorious crime syndicate, you shouldn't be crying like this." Kate chuckle. "Every mother would cry when their baby girl is moving away. Why can't you just stay here with us?" Kate rub her mother's back.

"Mommy, you know why I'm moving away. I want to live independent without your help. It's not that I hate to live here it's just I need to have some sort of responsibility. It's like a training wheel for me and my future." Kate reason.

Natalia pull her daughter away and look at her features for the last time. She remove the strands of hair that blocking Kate's eyesight and smile. "Be smart in dealing with challenges of life that may come in your way. Never lost hope even there's no light at the end of the tunnel. Remember that."

Kate nod and hug her mother for the last time. "We're one call away. Just call us. Anytime, anywhere. Okay? Promise me?" Kate nod and pull away. "Bye mommy." They both turn to the door and made way towards the front entrance where Jac and Jacob waited for her.

"Group hug?" Kate open her arms and hug her parents and brother. "I can send you if you want Kate." Jacob said after he pull away. "It's okay. I can manage." After Jac and Natalia gave her only daughter their last kiss, they watched as Kate got in the car.

"Why does she insist on driving that rusted bucket to town?" Natalia lean in and whisper. "She said she doesn't want her future employer to take her in because of us." Jac chuckle. Kate wave and started to drive away from her mansion's drive way.

She's finally out of the Christ mansion and to the free world. The guards saluted when she drive out of the Christ grand gate. She puts on some music and enjoying the right to town for her new life and adventure. Her whole life was about adventure but this time it's different.

This time, she's going to have her own adventure.

After few hours on the road, she stop by at a diner for some meal and bathroom breaks. The cash in her hands enough to feed herself for few months. Months of working for her mother really help her in this situation.