twelve

12

Harry and Kat had been walking for about ten minutes. None of them uttered a word. Harry was following Kat to wherever she’s leading to. In the back of his mind, he did worry about what was playing in Kat’s mind during the whole silent walk because well, she’s probably plotting about she wants to do to him.

One thing was sure that where they were heading was nowhere near to the nearest salon, at least that was what Harry knew. In fact, he had no idea where they were right now. He lived in the town longer than Kat, (at least, that’s what he assumed) so he thought he should know better about the places in the town than Kat.

“You sure we’re going in the right direction?” Harry finally broke the ice in their silent stroll. He couldn’t handle the silence and he was worried of what Kat had in store for him.

“Relax, I know exactly where we are going, alright?” Kat assured Harry with a small smile, “We’re just . . . we’re just going to make a quick stop to some place before you get your hair dyed. Why? Are you excited?” She even managed to joke around while they were walking into a quiet, dark-looking neighborhood.

Harry scoffed which earned a chuckle from Kat.

Kat finally stopped her tracks once they were in front of a grey painted house with a black roof. There was no wonder that Kat obviously lived there. It’s just like her. Although, Harry wondered who Kat lived because she never talked about her family nor anything personal about he. So he was excited to go inside to be honest. The interior décor of the house would just give him some clues of Kat’s true identity. Well, to him, no one could be so mysterious without having some soft side deep inside.

“Surprisingly, I’m going to show you where I lived . . . which is this house, of course.” Kat said as she pushed the small gate of the house to enter herself and Harry.

She opened the wooden door with a key from her bag before stepping inside of the house and holding the door open for Harry. It was warm inside so Harry took off the denim jacket he was wearing as his eyes began to take in the view of the house. It was decorated like a normal family should. But it did look a tab bit old in terms of the furniture and the choice of wallpaper.

“So, you lived with your parents?” Harry asked once his jacket was taken by Kat who hung it on the coat hanger by the door. 

“Um,” Kat hesitated, “I lived with my aunt.” She gave Harry a smile, (that looked fake to Harry’s eyes) “Let’s go to my room. I . . . I need to show you something.” 

“Uh, okay.” Harry only managed to reply those words before his hand was yanked by Kat who was leaning him, once again but this time, to her bedroom. His palms were starting to sweat just by thinking about what Kat was going to do to him.

Kat and Harry trudged up the stairs. They stopped at a dark purple door with the sign ‘knock please’ hanging on the door knob. She let go of Harry’s hand to twist the doorknob.  She titled her head as if her way of inviting Harry into the room.

Posters of bands were posted on the grey painted walls and Harry knew all of them. The room was lighted with fairy lights on the wall of where her bed was situated. And maybe, just maybe, he saw a familiar cat ears headband on Kat’s dresser table.

“So, do you have any colour in mind?” Kat asked with a devilish smile on her lips once she was sat on the chair by her desk. 

“Maybe pink will suit me, I don’t really know.” Harry replied truthfully. Yeah, it might look odd on him but he was told he had a very pale complexion so he thought it would go nice with pink hair.

Somehow Harry’s answer made Kat laughed. “I’m going to change into something comfortable. Make yourself at home, yeah?” She went to her wardrobe to pick out some clothes to wear and went inside the bathroom that was connected to her room.

Harry, who had been sitting on the bed, lied down on his back against the soft duvet of the bed. His eyes searched for something interesting for him to keep himself occupied. He left the bed to go closer towards the dressing table. Hung on the mirror was the cat ears he was so familiar with. But it could be just a coincidence.

Then he saw the journal on the table. He only had seen once or twice of the book but it was enough to make him think of its owner.

Just another coincidence, Harry. 

“Harry?”

The sudden voice of Kat’s made Harry jolted in surprise. He was afraid that Kat will be mad because he was snooping around and that wasn’t what ‘make yourself at home’ really meant. He turned around nonetheless, to see Kat, with a black t shirt on with a pair of shorts.

“Found anything interesting?” Her voice, teasing Harry in a manner.

“Yeah.” He replied but quickly shook his head, “I mean, no. I . . .” 

“Let’s just sit down on the bed, yeah.” Kat stopped Harry’s sentence, “I’ve got to tell you something.” 

“What is it you want to tell me?” Harry asked once they were comfortably seated on the soft bed. 

Kat took a deep breath, “I don’t know how to say it. You’ll judged me once you know that I’m-“ 

“Lucy?”

Kat’s mouth hung open after she heard what Harry had said. “What? How did you—“

Harry leaned in towards Kat and kissed Kat on the lips while she was still baffled by what just happened.