three

03

Since that incident at the vending machine, Harry never saw that girl anywhere in the school building. This somehow made Harry sure that the girl might be Kat. But then again, it would be way too easy for her to drop hints as it was only three days since the deal was made. There was still twenty seven days to go until the deadline. Despite the absurdity, he still kept the girl in mind as his suspect and the next time he gets to see her again, Harry will be ready to fire his questions to her.

So on Saturday, three days after meeting Kat, Harry woke up and thought it would be nice to go out early to wander about the town. If luck is on his side, maybe he’ll find Kat.

After taking a nice refreshing shower, Harry ran down the stairs in a hurry as he strapped his watch on his left wrist. The sound that Harry made as he descended down the wooden stairs caused his mum in the kitchen to start blabbering about ‘don’t run while going down the stairs’ while Harry just rolled his eyes as he took one of the bananas from the fruit basket. Before Harry could even twist the doorknob of the front door, he was stopped by his mother who looked aggravated for some reason.

“You’re going out already? Without eating the breakfast I specially made for you?” Mrs. Styles sighed as she leant with her hand massaging her temples against the doorframe of the kitchen, “it’s alright, H. You go ahead.”

“I wasn’t planning on eating breakfast anyway since you rarely prepared for me so I only grabbed this banana to eat along the way to the town.”  Harry stated with a shrug. What he said was true, her mother was always busy with her work as a therapist/physciatrist at the town's hospital while Harry was constantly occupied with his schoolwork and lacrosse practice. As a result, both of them hardly ever spend their time together.

Mrs. Styles nodded in and gave his son a weak smile, “I . . . I’m sorry. You go ahead. Don’t be stay out late.”

Once his mum had gone inside the kitchen, Harry opened the front door and was engulfed with the cold autumn air.

-

For fifteen minutes or so, the curly-haired lad had been walking to the nearest town even though he can easily take a bus and arrive after a three minute ride. He felt that maybe he could use his time of walking to observe his surroundings because maybe he could see Kat or traces of her. If she was clumsy enough to leave one behind.

The leaves of the trees were starting to turn into a shade of orangey-brown and Harry liked it. He liked autumn—after winter of course, just because there’s Christmas—because he likes to see the change in life. For instance, people were starting to wear sweaters and beanies to be prepare of the cold, the days were starting to get darker with the sun almost gone and all.

So, Harry Styles was just admiring the almost dead trees that he didn’t notice he bumped into a stranger. But not really, he accidentally kicked someone’s torso with his worn out leather boots and the person turned out to be the girl he saw at the vending machine in school. He quickly apologised with his clumsiness but he couldn’t help thinking why was the girl sitting on the pavement.