eight

08

“You haven’t hung out with us in a while, Haz.” Niall said when Harry was trapped at his locker by his three friends crowding around him.

Harry sighed as he rolled his eyes, “Alright, I apologized. I . . . I have something to do . . . it’ll be over in like, fourteen days from now. Then we can hang out like old times.”

Liam groaned, “Fourteen days? That’s two weeks from now! We got a game in nine days and you haven’t even showed up for practice. Thank god you’re one of the best players in the teams or else Coach Davis would’ve put you on the bench for the rest of the season.”

“I have a class to go to.” Louis piped in, “Let’s just leave Harry alone. Clearly he doesn’t like our company anymore.”

The curly-haired lad faced his locker when his friends were about to leave the place. He didn’t even want to make eye contact with them for now because what Niall had said was right. They hadn’t hung out together during lunch time for the whole week since Harry spent the time at the bleachers with Lucy. He knew he’s the bad one in the current situation but there’s a reason why he’s avoiding them. Only, he couldn’t tell them about the deal even though Liam already knew about it. But Liam is the one who keeps secrets to himself so Harry doubts that Liam had told the boys what he’s up to by now.

-

“You’ve been having lunch with me all week,” Lucy said as she unwrapped the sandwich from the plastic, “Remember when I told you that I’m not your friend? Well, I’m starting to think you are now.”

Harry swallowed the orange juice down his throat before asking, “You okay with that?”

Lucy shrugged her shoulders, “Yeah, kinda.” She began to remove the pickles from the sandwich as she threw out a question, “So, any plans for today? It’s Friday so maybe you want to go out and start finding your girl.”

“Are you up for a night at a club?”

“That’s not my kind of scene.” admitted Lucy with a low voice before taking a bite of her lunch.

“Please?” Harry pouted his lips to Lucy as he pleaed for a ‘yes’ from her.

She grunted and put her sandwich away, “Fine, I guess I’ll make an exception for this one. Gosh, the things I do for you.” The way she said it was in a teasing manner so Harry didn’t take any notice of it.

An imaginary light bulb lit up above Harry’s head. An idea clicked into his mind. His friends said Harry hadn’t hang out with them for a while and since he and Lucy were planning on going to the club tonight, it wouldn’t hurt to invite them as well. But he didn’t know if Lucy would agree. After all, she wasn’t too happy about the idea at first let alone inviting four members of the lacrosse team.

Harry can tell that she doesn’t really like the people at school since she likes to be alone. From the time spent with Lucy, Harry still didn’t know anything personal about her while Lucy knew bits and pieces of Harry’s life that he was alright to share. He didn’t want to demand any information from Lucy because he didn’t want her to be all snappy and suddenly back off from the quest. Besides, he needed to keep an eye on her anyway since she’s the main suspect in this whole ‘kat’ thing.