nine

09

Eleven days.

Time was ticking away and the quest to find Kat had only just begun. Harry didn’t see Lucy during the weekends because he had no idea where to look. He didn’t know where she lived but he did check the pavement where they first met, thinking maybe that was one of Lucy’s weird spots where she spends her time. The results were the same. So, during the weekends, Harry’s mind was completely filled with concern thoughts of the raven-black haired girl. He didn’t know Lucy would react that way after seeing his friends there.

On Monday, Harry walked inside of the school building dispiritedly with his eyes avoiding all eye contacts directed towards him. He wasn’t sure if he should go look for Lucy because he wouldn’t be surprised if she hated him. This had been the second time Lucy disappeared just like that. Maybe Harry should’ve listened to Lucy the time where they first talked at the bleachers. But then again, Lucy did say she considered him as a friend. No longer acquaintances. Friends.

As Harry Styles took out the books for the day’s lessons, he saw Liam and Louis walking past him without taking any notice of him. This made him felt unhappier than he already was, knowing that his friends had completely forgotten about him. The supposed hangout at the club didn’t go as well as Harry had planned since he ran after Lucy.

His life really had changed ever since meeting Kat. Sometimes he regretted making that stupid deal with her. If he didn’t, he would still be friends with Liam, Louis and Niall and not having a lot of things in his mind.

Harry felt like he was invisible. For once, no one took notice of him. Being in the football team, he usually gets a lot of attention from the girls and his other peers but not that certain Monday, though. It really felt like shit.

“Harry,” Someone called his name from behind.

He turned to see not a friend of his but his History teacher. Well. “Yes, Mrs. Winters?”

“I just like to say, thank you for being friends with the new girl, Lucy. She really needs a support from a friend. I’m glad it’s you.” She thanked him with a genuine smile painted on her face.

“Yeah, uh,” The curly-haired lad tried to reply, “’S not a problem, anyway.”

“I’ll see you in History today, Mr. Styles.” On that note, Mrs. Winters left him in the crowded hallway, leaving him a dazed state.

-

It was seventh period when Harry Styles finally saw Lucy. His whole mournful aura washed away and his lips for the first time that day, curled up into a smile. She didn’t see him, unfortunately. But it was nice to know that Lucy was present at school. It sucked that he spent his break at the gym, working out for a while to make up the last few lacrosse practices he purposely missed. He should’ve eaten the turkey sandwich that’s on the canteen’s menu but that meant he had to go in there and perhaps encounter his friends.

Harry tried to catch up to Lucy’s pace as he dashed through the hallway—murmuring apologies for knocking some students unintentionally. He noticed she was having a conversation with Zayn at his locker. There was definitely something going on between them and Harry would like to know about it. Instead of walking up to them, he stayed grounded at his hiding spot as he continued watching both of them and waiting for the time Lucy finished her talk. He was already late for History class but for now, he didn’t give a fucking damn about it.