zero

00

“Are you okay, Harry?”

The green eyed boy shook his head, “No, I’m not.”

Everyone in the class had their heads turned to Harry’s direction even though the teacher had strictly ordered them to do the work written on the board while she dealt with one of her students. Usually Harry looks more alive from what Mrs. Winters had observed in the past few classes. In the chair at the back of the class, Harry sat with his head on the wooden desk and his hair in a wild mess.

“Would you like to go to the nurse’s office?” Mrs. Winters was concerned for her pale faced student only because he was one of the top students in the school and teachers tend to give these students special treatment.

Finally after a few seconds of waiting, Harry peeled his face from the wooden surface of his desk to see Mrs. Winters and fourteen pairs of eyes staring back at him. Feeling slightly uncomfortable with the attention, he grabbed his rucksack from the floor before standing up from his chair. “May I be excuse, Mrs. Winters?”

“Yes, of course.” The teacher smiled warmly, “Off you go now.”

Harry quickly exited the classroom, ignoring the throbbing pain in his head. The after effects of the alcohol still hadn’t wear off and he cursed his idiotic self for accepting his friend’s offer to a party the lacrosse team had thrown after their winning success. Even though his peers were the ones who likes to go to parties, clubs and all, Harry had never step his foot inside of a club until last night.

As he walked slowly to his locker, he heard his friends’ greetings for him but he acted as if he hadn’t heard a thing because he had other things to worry about. For example, he had to look sober by the time he arrives at his home because he really didn’t want to be bombarded with questions from his mum about what happened last night after the short phone call he had made to tell her he was staying over at Louis’ house. Not only that, he needed to do something the hangover for him to make it through the rest of the day and it was one period away till lunch time.

When Harry was at his locker, his fingers fumbled with the combination of his lock. Seconds later, he succeeded in opening his locker and quickly took out his bottle of water. After he drank, his eyes focused on the small mirror he kept in his locker and his fingers began to run themselves in his dark brown curly hair to make him look more presentable. He reached for a small hair spray in his pocket but he took out something else.

It was a Polaroid picture of Harry himself. With a girl who has multiple colours of hair streaks in her hair kissing his cheek. Her face was hidden by her hair which gave him no clue on the girl’s identity. He tried to refresh his memory about the girl and something in his mind clicked.

“Kat.” Harry mumbles to himself. “Yes, I gotta find her. Or else i’ll lose the bet.”