21) Caught

I was too afraid to get up. I looked stupid lying on the floor, eyes shut tight, but I couldn’t get up. I didn’t want to. I knew what The Dark Lord wanted from me and I knew I did wrong by him. I had disobeyed He Who Must Not Be Named. The darkest wizard of our time was angry at me. I couldn’t imagine what else he could do to me but put me in the cellar and wait to be tortured like that time I had escaped before Wormtail could get to me and Draco. I was sure The Dark Lord remembered that time, too, but let it go for some reason.

     I guess that was something to be thankful for.

     ‘Get up!’ The Dark Lord snapped when I wouldn’t move. ‘I SAID GET UP!’

     The anger in his voice terrified me like nothing else. I didn’t have a choice but to do what he said but he was too quick for me to move. He knelt down and fiercely grabbed my throat, making me look at him and choking me at the same time. His blank stare seemed to burn into my corneas as he stared, angrier than I had ever seen him. His long finger nailed hands felt like icicles.

     ‘What happened?’ The Dark Lord spat each word angrily.

     ‘I … uhh … ‘ I managed to choke out. The Dark Lord noticed me choking and had the smallest decency to slightly loosen his grip on my throat. How humiliating it was to be choking on the floor with a room full of people. ‘Someone came along …  and apparated …  me out of there. There was nothing … I could do.’ My breath in between words sounded hazy and sick.

     ‘You could have used MAGIC! You’re a witch! Where’s your wand?’

     ‘Those boys took it … ‘ I choked out.

     ‘What?’ The Dark Lord rasped, turning around to look for the two boys that tied me up in the woods. ‘YOU TWO!’ He shouted, letting go of my neck and getting up. ‘Give my follower her wand back! Now!’

     I watched the Scottish Death Eater hand The Dark Lord my wand as he and the tall one had their heads down low. This sight put somewhat of a smile on my face. They seemed too happy when they tied me up.

     With a quick whip of The Dark Lord’s wand, both of the boy’s chests were bleeding, soaking their dark clothes in blood before they dropped to the floor in agony. No one moved or even gasped in shock and horror at this. The people in the room were desensitized to violence by now.

     I only had the energy and nerve to sit up and as I did so, I noticed Draco was here, standing by his parents, still in his school uniform. I had no idea how much of school I had missed while I was tied to the tree.

     ‘Who showed up?’ The Dark Lord asked me before he threw me my wand.

     The hard wood of the wand rolling on the floor echoed in the large room, making me feel even more humiliated.

     ‘A Weasley,’ I said, head down, clutching my beautiful wand.

     ‘Most likely Ronald, My Lord.’ Lucius spoke up but sounding frightened.

     ‘Ah, yes,’ said The Dark Lord. ‘Ronald Weasley. The youngest boy of the family. A friend to Harry Potter,’

     Some people in the room obviously didn’t know who Ron Weasley was until The Dark Lord said this.

     ‘I hate him just as much. Where did he take you?’ The Dark Lord directed to me.

     ‘I don’t know,’ I lied. ‘I didn’t recognize the place.’

     The Dark Lord grunted in frustration before pointing his wand at me and Imperiused me to my feet. A few quiet snickers came from the corner and when I looked, I saw it was Scabior and Fenrir Greyback. How I hated them so much. Fenrir gave me a smug look and Scabior just grinned maliciously.

     With a quick flick of The Dark Lord’s wand, a single cut was made over my stomach, but it didn’t bleed after a few moments. My mouth was open in shock but the pain hadn’t come yet so I made no sound.

     ‘I hate to see you in pain, Hopkins, but, I love it,’ The Dark Lord whispered into my ear as I felt hot blood trickled down my stomach. ‘So how are the new teachers treating you?’

     ‘Uhh … ‘ I muttered in pain and confusion. ‘Fine, but,’

     The Dark Lord’s eyebrows rose.

     ‘A snatcher keeps annoying me,’

     ‘Who?’

     ‘Scabior,’ I said, looking over at him in the corner.

     Scabior’s grin vanished and he was now frightened as The Dark Lord strode over to him. But The Dark Lord didn’t do anything to him. I still shot Scabior a sneer of superiority. If I wanted, I could have had him killed right then and there if I had told The Dark Lord horrible lies about Scabior. But I didn’t. My mind was set on the pain my stomach was throbbing with at that moment. I wanted so much to fall to my knees from the pain but I kept strong, thinking about the moment I'll step into the Hospital Wing at Hogwarts.

     ‘You can go,’ The Dark Lord told me, striding over to the empty wooden table, his back turned to me. ‘I don’t want my best missing anymore school.’

     Within seconds, I had apparated back to Hogwarts and walked through the doors to the Hospital Wing.