10) Tasty Kisses

I had never experienced anything close to what Bellatrix did to me.

     She had me in the palm of her hand, Imperiusing me to perform embarrassing things in front of a couple amused Death Eaters. She laughed at this for half an hour before getting to the real torture. First she cut me in places that wouldn’t be visible with clothes on; guess she wasn’t supposed to scar me. I was sure the Dark Lord told her not to as I knew he didn’t want me walking around with hideous scars.

     The cuts were thin but I was positive I was going to end up with multiple scars. I had plenty of bruises to show, too, thanks to Wormtail opening his mouth to Bellatrix in saying that chucking me against the wall would be loads of fun. But I supposed I was lucky I mostly wore long sleeved jackets and black stockings.

     When The Dark Lord had finally become sick of hearing me scream and moan in pain, Bellatrix retreated back to his side and left me on the ground. Time didn’t seem to exist in Malfoy’s Manor. I felt I had been awake and tortured for eternity but the moon was still shining bright among the stars outside.

     I found myself taking note not to work against The Dark Lord in future, but knowing that’s what he wanted me to think, I shook my head and remembered who I was. I wasn’t going to be bullied and tortured into thinking a certain way.

     The cold hard wood I was lying on felt somehow nice and relaxing as I tried not to think about the throbbing of my newly forming bruises or the bleeding cuts on my stomach and back. I was lying on my front, the open wounds on my stomach stinging, and I only had my bra and pajama pants on. I was thankful I felt too lazy to take off my bra before I fell onto my bed those few hours ago.

     I started thinking about the free elf, Dobby, and wished he was there with me.

     ‘Dobby,’ I said quietly, lazy eyes looking through the perfectly clean windows. Saying that reminded me of Harry and how much I was missing him. I sort of wished I’d have bumped into him again after I was packing for home to apologize and take everything I said back.

     He was right. I had made all the wrong decisions but there was no way in fixing them. I already thought about running away but that didn’t work out in my head. I was most definitely doomed.

     Lost in my thoughts, I almost didn’t hear the sound of an opening door and someone’s footsteps. Their steps echoed coldly through the room as they got closer. Closing my eyes, I didn’t want to see who it was. All I wanted to do at that moment was fall asleep and never wake up.

     Someone’s careful hands rested on my shoulder, probably seeing if I was alright. I moved my head slightly before they lifted up my arm and slid it through my pajama top Bellatrix had ripped off. The buttons went flying off around the room but it was still wearable.

     Lifting my other arm, they helped me get my warm top on, roll me to my side and slowly push me to a sitting position. As I looked up at their worried pale face, I couldn’t help but wrap my cold arms around them and squeeze as tight as I could, which wasn’t very tight at all.

     ‘I’m so sorry,’ Draco said, squeezing me back. ‘I didn’t want any of this to happen…ever,’

     It sounded for a moment he was crying. Unwrapping my arms around him, I attempted to get to my feet but had some trouble. Lucky Draco was in front of me and steadied me very caringly. I almost leaned forward to kiss him but thought not to.

    ‘It’s kind of my fault, too,’ I said, feeling my eyes water as I felt I couldn’t look at him. ‘I didn’t have to become a Death Eater. Everything that’s happened was because of me,’ Looking into his eyes, a tear escaped. ‘I have to go. Goodnight, Draco.’

     As I was picturing my dark bedroom, Draco quickly planted a kiss on my lips. The picture was gone and I hadn’t felt the suffocating sensation. His arms took hold of my waist before pressing me firmly against himself. The cuts and bruises on my back hurt when he touched them, but only at first.

     It almost killed me to pull myself away from his inviting lips. Before disapparating back to my old bedroom, I gave him one last strong kiss on his perfect lips and pulled away so I didn’t bring him with me.