Two: My Shot

Johns perspective:

"Laf I swear he looked right at me and smiled real big!" I felt like a first grader talking like this but I didn't mind. 

LAF chuckled. "Laurens mon ami you obsess too much."

I rolled my eyes. "This is different man!" Just then I saw the boy that was talking with Burr this morning come into the cafeteria. Laf smirked at me. "What?" I cried across the table. " He whispered something to Herc who had just taken a seat at our lunch table. "Ohhh Johnny boys got him a new friend!" He laughed.

I narrowed my eyes at him and spun around in my plastic seat to see if he was still there. Yep. He was holding a sad looking paper bag and was staring around the room.

"Here Ill call him over for ya Johnny." Herc chuckled and I waved my hands in his face.

"No Herc don't!" He waved a hand to the boy. "HEY YOU! OVER THERE!" I put my head in my hands. God why me? Herc was calling something else to the boy.

I heard a slight noise next to me. He just sat down. I pulled my head from my hands and turned to the small boy. Without thinking I stuck out my hand. "John Laurens."

He smiled weakly and shook my hand. "Alexander Hamilton." And i turned to give Herc the "I'm going to kill you someday" look. He laughed and held out his large hand.

"Hercules Mulligan. I need no introduction. You may be new but you are probably already familiar with me." He smiled.

"Were you one of those boys knocking over trash cans this morning?" Alexander asked. Hercs face turned red and I burst into laughter.

"Yep that was us!" I said a little too loud. Alex smiled. Lafayette held out his hand as well. "Well my name is Marquis de Lafayette but you can just call me Laf."

Alexander nodded and shook his hand. "So what do you want to do with your life Hamilton?" Herc asked putting his chin in his hands. "I'm gonna get a scholarship to Kings college."

The smaller boy beamed. "I'm gonna be a marine biologist." I said raising my hand. "I'm going to be how you say...ambassador of America to France." LAF blushed. Alexander nodded.

"Hercules is going to be a fashion designer." Hercules looked hurt. "Hell no! I'm joining the rebellion. The army. It's better than sewing damn pants forever."

He crossed his arms. Alexander laughed. Just then he flinched as a hand met his shoulder.

"Lower your voices over here boys. Keep yourselves out of trouble and you double your choices of being...something."

Burr swallowed at that last word. "Alexander I told you these gentlemen will only get you into trouble. Come sit with us." Burr gestured to a table with a few people sitting at it. Alexander looked down at his shoes then back up at us. "No thanks." He said.

Burr was taken back. I held back a laugh. Burr glared at us and released Alexanders shoulder. He walked quietly back to his own table. "Damn Ham!" Herc chimed in. Alexander laughed and continued eating his sandwich.

I wasn't aware there were people really like this.