Chapter 32

After spending for what seems like forever in our room, Faven and I appeared in the Mess Hall. My face was plastered with the tears that endlessly streamed down my face and Faven looked as if her soul had been lost forever.

Rex approached me, but I kept walking. Deep down I knew it wasn't his fault, but I wanted it to be. I wanted to blame someone, something for what was happening. The galaxy was going to shit and no one would take ownership of it. Anakin would say he only bettered the galaxies, freeing them from all of the lies of the Jedi, Senate, and Republic itself. Ahsoka would say that Anakin was unreasonable and his fall to the dark side revealed how corrupt the Council actually was. Faven would say that we needed to keep fighting for what was right.

In the mist of all their opinions, I would stand around and watch the world endlessly revolve, as if on an important schedule. I would sit and realize what has happened, care to some degree, and give up. Because that's just what I would do. I would give up.

Faven and I sat down, next to Mika who was enjoying some delicious dinner. I wasn't hungry and Faven wasn't making any move to grab some food either. It was Rex who brought us both some trays of food containing nice fruit and some protein as well.

I just pushed the tray away and stood up. Rex and Mika watched me to see what I would do next. I walked out and slowly strolled down the corridors, taking in the cold metal around me. I walked to the control center and sat down. Looking out the windows, I noticed it was snowing and Master Mundi's body was covered by more and more icy flakes.

Closing my eyes I tried to remember who I was before all of this, the little girl who was happy on Shili with her tribe... her family. My remembrances brought me back to a time where I was inside my hut with my mother.

She was bandaging a small cut on my arm that I got playing outside in the fresh air with my friends. I was about four at the time, so this little cut seemed giant in my eyes.

I wouldn't stop crying until she gently kissed it. Her soft, kind eyes looked at me endearingly. It was almost as if she knew what was coming next. She kissed my forehead and laid me down.

"You need to rest, my little angel," I could feel her heart aching.

"Momma, why are you so sad?"

She sighed and smiled, realizing my capabilities with the Force allowed me to see passed her veil of happiness.

"My little angel, I am not sad. I am simply waiting for your father," She replied gently.

"I'll find him," I offered, concentrating deeply, but she cut me off.

"No, my little angel. You need your rest. Daddy will be home soon," She promised.

I closed my eyes, but I didn't really fall asleep. My mother stayed in my room, pacing back and forth with her arms crossed. She was biting her finger nails. I could tell she was worried, but I wanted to be strong for her, so I stayed asleep.

However, a man soon came into the room. He spoke so softly I couldn't even hear it, but she ran out of the hut, without one last glance at me.

"Goodbye, Momma," I whispered as I drifted into my sleep.

It wasn't long until I heard a scream. My eyes bolted open and I shot up. I yelled for her, but the screaming didn't stop. I opened the flap to our hut and looked outside. Our village was completely torn apart. Huts were singed, the sky was black with smoke. There was no one in sight. Everyone in my village had disappeared.