Chapter 26

"Who are you?" I asked, igniting my lightsaber and bringing my blade to her neck.

"My name is Mika; that was not a lie. I am thirteen years old, from the planet Shili. I am a Togruta."

"Why were you lying to us? Why did you need Johqundor?" Faven asked, motioning for me to put away my saber. I complied.

"I had to lie. I needed to Johqundor to alter my appearance. Barriss couldn't know who I was."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because she's planning to kill all the Jedi. I had to conceal my identity so she wouldn't find out who I am... I am Ahsoka Tano's sister." She admitted.

Faven and I looked at each other with our mouths open wide.

"Ahsoka never mentioned a sister." Faven challenged.

"She never knew I existed. She died before I even became a Youngling."

"I need proof." I said, denying any possibility that this claim could be real.

She pulled something out of her pocket. It was a bead.

"This was one of Ahsoka's Padawan Beads. She left them behind in Shili and my tribe leader gave it to me. I am Mika Tano, sister of Ahsoka Tano and Jedi."

I took the bead in my hand and looked it over. It was definitely Ahsoka's, the same engravings and the same color.

"Alright, so why couldn't you tell Barriss who you are?" Faven asked.

"Because she would have killed me right away. She doesn't want to be reminded of her failed friendship. She would have killed you too, that's her plan. That's why she wants all the Jedi in one compound. She wants to eliminate us all."

The revelation we predicted was coming true. Faven got up and walked out. She headed to her quarters and I heard the door slam.

I looked gently at Mika.

"She hates me."

"No," I said quickly, "She does not hate you. She's just upset."

"Why aren't you upset?" Mika asked me.

"I knew something was wrong. I didn't think about something like this, though. I never knew Ahsoka had a sister. We were like sisters." I breathed.

"You're still in disbelief. Faven is in the 'I want to kill Mika' stage."

I laughed. "Yeah, I guess. Let's make a plan."

"You know, if you want to kill me too, that's fine."

"I don't want to kill you." I reasoned.

"Why not? Side with Faven. She's your love."

I looked at Mika quickly. "How did you know?" I asked defensively.

"It's pretty obvious. At least to me it is."

"Does Barriss know?"

"If she does, she didn't let on any hints." Mika assured me.

I smiled.

"I'm going to go check on her."

"Sure," Mika said gently. "I'll keep brainstorming a plan."