Chapter 24

A few hours after Faven and I were settled in, we heard Barriss' voice over a speaker. She told us that there was food in the mess hall.

I looked at Faven. "Are you hungry?"

"Yeah, being angry really takes everything out of me." She laughed a little.

I smiled. "Well, sounds like there is plenty of food for us. Let's try and find the mess hall."

"Alright," She commented and we started out of our room.

Turning a few corners, we came across several corridors.

"Where are we supposed to go?" Faven asked the question that was also on my mind.

"That's a great question," I responded.

"Let's try this one," Faven took the corridor on the left and I followed her.

"I'm getting hungry just trying to find the mess hall." She laughed.

I smiled. "Blast it! Where are we?" I asked.

"That's another great question," She responded, mimicking me.

"Haha, very funny." I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, a cloaked figure appeared at the end of the corridor.

"Hey! Barriss! Where are we supposed to go?" Faven shouted.

The figure bolted to the left. I looked at Faven and we started at full speed running toward the figure.

"Hey! Stop!" I screamed down the hallway. Faven drew her lightsaber and I followed suit.

Soon, we caught up to the figure. We were in a large mess hall. No one was there and the place was deserted. I threw myself into the air and brought my lightsaber down.

Falling on the figure, I pinned them to the ground and held my lightsaber to their neck.

"Please don't hurt me!" The figure said. It was the voice of a little girl.

The cloak's hood fell back and it revealed a little Togruta, with white markings covering the majority of her dark face. White circles covered the dark skin around her eyes and white diamonds spanned across her forehead. Her cheeks were dawned with little white dots, like freckles almost. On her hip was a lightsaber.

She was a Jedi.

Faven quickly pulled me off the girl and gave her a hand to help her up. The girl looked at me in awe.

"I'm sorry my friend tried to kill you." Faven commented seriously.

"Why did you run?" I asked, ignoring Faven's sympathy.

"I thought you were intruders, I've never seen you before." The little girl said quietly.

Suddenly, Barriss entered the room.

"Mika." She said calmly, "Are you alright?"

The little girl nodded slightly.

"She's like me." Mika said, pointing at me.

I smiled. "We come from the same tribe."

"The others will be coming in soon, it's time for dinner." Barriss said sternly.

"Alright, well let's find a spot." Faven said, guiding me away from the little girl.