Chapter 20

The Utapauians at the Com Center showed me to the communications room equipped with comlinks everywhere and one main communications station. I pressed the screen and I was shown a map of different galaxies.

I clicked Tatooine and the screen prompted me to begin my transmission. If Anakin really was leading an army, I had to use something that wouldn't be decoded easily. This new empire was hunting down Padawans and Masters and killing them.

It was recording. I remembered something. When Obi-Wan and I were on a mission on Geonosis once, he told me something.

"Andora, if you are ever in trouble, don't call me over the comlink. Then the enemy would find us for sure. Use this phrase: The Jedi has fled, victory has been led." He said.

Would he even remember it? I doubted it, but this was the only hope... the only option.

I breathed in deeply. "The Jedi has fled, victory has been led."

I repeated the phrase slowly, over and over. After about ten times repeating the phrase, I stopped.

Suddenly, the door to the Com Center opened. Faven walked in with a bag of ice on her face. Juh Quit was next to her.

"Have you contacted Master Kenobi?" She asked. She was surprisingly calm, considering I had just punched her in the face and left her unconscious on the floor of my room.

"Juh Quit, will you give us a minute?" The Utapauian nodded and walked out, shutting the door behind him.

Faven walked up to the console. She looked at it eagerly, listening to the recording.

"Faven," I started, but she silenced me.

"It's fine."

"No. It's not." I said remorsefully.

"You were frustrated and needed to let off some steam."

"Not on your face." I said blatantly.

"Drop it." She snapped quickly.

I obeyed. "I got the call out, we will see if it answers."

"What station did you use?"

"All of them." I said quietly.

"You've gone crazy! The Empire will surely hear that!" She yelled.

Faven removed the ice pack from her face. I was horrified. I saw the bruise on her eye and it was black. It tarnished her beautiful purple skin.

I gasped. "Faven," I said quietly.

"Damnit! I said drop it." She slammed her hands on the console.

"The Empire won't hear it. I used a coded message; a special message my master gave me."

"Oh, is that what this 'the Jedi have fled, victory has been led' business is?"

I nodded.

"He won't answer." Faven said, hopelessly. She slumped down on the floor.

"Hey," I said, sitting on the floor with her, "It's okay. One of the most important things I've learned from the Temple is to never give up hope, no matter how dark things may seem."

She smiled. "Thanks. I needed that." She said gently.

"I'm always here to help." I said softly.

She touched her face where I hit her.

I reached my hand to her face and gently grabbed her hand and pulled it away. Leaning to her forehead gently, I placed a gentle kiss on her bruise.

"I'm so sorry Faven." I said, bringing my face back to her eye level.

Her icy blue eyes pierced mine and made my heart flutter.

"What was that?" She asked, breathlessly.

I suddenly realized what I had done.

"Faven, I'm sorry." I was embarrassed.

"No. Don't be sorry." She said, grabbing my face in her hands.

Slowly, she leaned in and our lips met. She was so soft, so luxurious. I loved the feeling of her lips on mine. It felt so real and so pure.

"I really like you." She whispered.

"We can't do this." I said quickly, remembering my Jedi vows.

"The Jedi have fallen, it's up to us to keep the Order alive. If that means rewriting the rules, so be it." She said, kissing me again.

Every time she put her lips on mine, it felt better than the last. I loved it. I loved her.

"I guess you're right."

"I'm always right." She said sarcastically.

I laughed.

"I like you, too." I finished.

She held me in her arms and we just sat there for a while, waiting for Obi-Wan, or someone to respond. We just wanted someone to hear us on our little planet in the Outer Rim. Someone please hear us.

For now, I was okay with waiting, as long as Faven was by my side and in my arms.

'J|