--22--

Louis' POV:

I slammed the hood of my car down. There was always something wrong with this piece of junk. First it's my brakes, then it's the lights. And now it's my engine. Everyone says I should just get a new car, but I was just so attached to this one.

When I looked across the street and towards the house of a girl who had moved in a month ago, I saw the curtains in her window moving. I slightly smirked; she always watched me work on my car. I ran my hand through my hair and looked around my front yard to see that I needed to cut the grass. So I headed into my garage and got out the lawn mower.

As I got to my front lawn, I saw her curtains move again. I didn't know much about the girl except she was shy and didn't talk much. After getting the lawn mower going, I began to cut the grass. That's when I heard a door close. I only glanced in the direction of the noise to see the girl walking in my direction. I chuckled to myself as I watched her stop walking only start again. When she reached my driveway, I turned off the lawn mower and turned towards her.

"Um...h-hello..."

She was so nervous it was so adorable.

"Decided stalking me from your window wasn't enough?" I laughed.

Her eyes widened and she tried to save herself by saying she wasn't stalking me.

"It's fine, love. Just relax..." I said with a smile.

I heard a small whimper pass her lips and I looked away from her. She must have some crush on me.

"You're hot...I mean, you look hot. You know, cause it's hot outside? And hot weather...it makes you sweaty...and sweat makes you look hotter...I mean cools you down. I really need to stop talking."

I looked back at the girl and saw her slapping herself in the face. So I walked up to her and grabbed onto her hands.

"Don't hurt yourself, love..."

I felt her tremble a little bit.

"I-I brought you water. Cause I thought you'd n-need it...but now that I think about it, you could just go in your house and get the water yourself instead of taking water from some stranger...and you're staring at me like I'm completely crazy..."

All I was doing was smiling at her.

"Man, you're really hot..."

I just smiled more then took the water from her. I drank most of it then poured the rest of it over my head.

"Now you're just teasing me," she pouted.

"Am I?"

That's when I pulled my shirt over my head and dropped it to the grass.

"And here I go...passing out."

Before she could fall to my driveway, I grabbed her. I carried her into my house and placed her onto my couch. I got a washcloth and ran cold water over it then placed it over the girl's forehead. When her eyes reopened, she almost screamed.

"It's okay. Just relax," I reassured.

"I passed out...didn't I?"

I nodded then chuckled.

"You've graduated from stalker to oxygen deprived..."

"For your information, it's called people watching, not stalking."

I just smiled. The girl sat up and looked around.

"Am I...in your house?"

I nodded again.

"Oh...wow..."

She continued to look around my house with her eyes.

"So...what's your name? Mine's Louis."

The girl finally looked at me.

"It's (y/n). And I'm sorry for passing out on you...and for stalking you from my window...and for going on about how hot you are..."

I took her hands in mine and pulled her to her feet.

"It's fine, (y/n). I don't mind having an audience."

She lightly slapped my arm.

"Now you're just making fun of me."

"And if I am?"

(y/n) rolled her eyes and headed for the door.

"I want to be mad at you...but your looks just make me want to..."

"Want to what, (y/n)?"

I took a step towards her and she leaned against my front door.

"It makes me want to...do things to you..."

"Things like what, (y/n)?"

I placed my hands on either side of the door so that she was between my arms.

"Th-things like...kissing you..."

I smirked. I slowly brought my lips close to hers and just as her eyes closed, I brought my lips to her ear.

"I guess you'll have to wait until tonight, huh?"

I backed away from (y/n) and she opened her eyes.

"Wh-what?"

"That is...if you agree to go on a date with me..."

(y/n) nodded right away.

"That sounds great, Louis."

And that night, she got what she wanted; a kiss from me.

---------------------

~Ari Horan~