--16-- (my shot at a hybrid imagine....or whatever it's called...)

ok so...

how I wrote this one....

replacing the name I used with (y/n) wont work and you'll see why

so this is my shot at a hybrid imagine...or whatever its called

where they find you and take you in.....or something like that....

so I hope you enjoy :)

*************************

||

Another night on the street. Another night of having to sneak around. You didn't like to call yourself homeless, but you didn't have another word. As of right now, you are sitting in a dimly lit coffee shop with a cup of coffee that you bought with some money you found on the street. You look at the clock and it reads that it's 5:30pm. He should be arriving soon. This is where the same guy would come and talk to you for a few hours then leave to continue on with his day. You could say he's your only friend. His name was Louis. You never told him your name because you were afraid to. A bell sounds and you know it's him entering the shop, but you look up just to make sure. He runs his fingers through his hair and then shakes his head to mess it up more. When your eyes lock with his, he smiles and walks over to you. He never orders anything to drink; he just sits across from you at the table and talks to you.

"You know, at some point, you're gonna have to tell me your name. You know mine."

You look down at the table and keep your gaze from Louis.

"How about we play a game...a guessing game," he suggests.

You look up at him and nod.

"Well, obviously your name starts with one of the letters of the alphabet..."

You giggle and he smiles.

"This is going to be a shot in the dark...but does it start with M?"

You nod.

"I'm getting somewhere...so that's a plus."

You watch as Louis scratches his head and taps his fingers on the surface of the table.

"Is the next letter a vowel?"

You nod again.

"Hmm."

You couldn't help but stare at Louis' facial features. His ocean colored eyes. His perfect jawline.

"Is it Malin?"

Your eyes widen. How could he have guessed your name just from the two things you revealed?

"Y-y-yeah. It is. How did you--"

"When you were ordering coffee one time, I overheard the clerk saying your name. Malin," he sighs, "such a beautiful name."

Your cheeks got warm and you looked away from him.

"You're homeless...aren't you, Malin?" Louis asks as he reaches across the table to grab your hand.

You don't look up at him; you knew you would begin to cry if you did.

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

You feel his hand grab your chin and tilt your head up so you're looking at him. He's leaning over the table and his face is mere inches from yours.

"I...I was afraid you'd stop coming to see me, Louis," you admit.

He lets go of your chin and sits back down.

"You really thought I'd stop talking to you because of that, Malin?"

You slowly nod.

"I'm not that type of guy, Malin. I'm the type of guy who will take in a friend who needs a place to stay...a nice warm bed...and clothes."

You look down at your tattered clothes.

"Louis...you don't have--"

"I insist. You're coming home with me. I care about you, Malin and I don't like it when I see you wandering the streets."

Louis stands up and holds his hand out for yours. You look at his hand and then stare into his eyes.

"It's just my hand, Malin. I'm not going to hurt you."

Looking into Louis' eyes reassures you that he wasn't going to hurt you. So you slowly slide your hand into his; his fingers intertwined with yours. The walk to his flat wasn't too long; he didn't live that far from the coffee shop. He lets you borrow some of his clothes to sleep in.

"Thank you, Louis," you say almost too soft for him to hear.

He was laying on his bed with his hands behind his head.

"No problem, Malin."

You then look around nervously.

"So...where am I supposed to sleep?" you ask quietly.

"With me, of course!"

Your eyes widen and he chuckles.

"I promise not to do anything."

He lifts the covers so you can climb under them. You nestle yourself into his side and he wraps his arm around you. Your eyes begin to get heavy and your body becomes weak. You had never been this tired before.

"Goodnight, Malin," Louis whispers before he softly kisses your forehead.

For once, in a very long time, you finally felt safe. You didn't have to worry about waking up in an alley anymore. You didn't have to worry about going days and days without food. You finally found someone who actually cared about you...and he had been there the entire time.