[Part Seven] Bound to the City's Vampire Master

As promised, after 8 votes I'll post the next one. Here's the next part! Sorry it's so short, but hey-it was posted in the same day as part 6. ;]

Thanks for reading,

Ilianna

------------------------------------------------------

I didn't know what to do. All I could think was: Ryder is alive.

Sinclair-I suppose that's the vampire's name-rose up casually, despite being held at gunpoint.

"Come now, Ryder. We both know I can't be killed that way," he said silkily. "You've hunted me long enough to know that."

"No, you can't," Ryder growled, low and dangerously. All the hate, all the resentment for

vampires was evident in his eyes. "But having your brains blown out with silver bullets is going to hurt like shit, and it's going to take days to heal."

"Only if your bullet can actually find its way to me," Sinclair said, with a touch of amusement.

"Give the girl to me," Ryder demanded, cocking the gun. Click. "Now."

Sinclair laughed. It was a cold laughter that sent a wave of chills throughout my body. A completely empty, mirthless laugh. Looking from Ryder to Sinclair, at that moment, I wish I had chosen death.

"Gladly. I never contained her against her will. If she wishes to go with you, then I wish both of you godspeed."

Ryder trained his eyes on me. God, I wished to god that I was somewhere else-anywhere else. Sinclair was doing this on purpose, for his entertainment. I gritted my teeth. Was this punishment for evading death?

I looked away, holding the collars of Sinclair's coat closer together. I couldn't bear looking at Ryder. Sinclair chuckled again, clearly enjoying this.

"Kay...?" I heard Ryder say.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

"She doesn't want to go with you," Kiel sneered.

"What the hell does he mean?! Look at me, Kay!"

Ryder's voice came, angry now-unsure.

I still didn't look at him. Pained, I said: "Ryder... I'm going with Sinclair now."

"What------"

Even I could hear the shock and surprise in his voice. And the underlying confirmation, like he had guess it all along and didn't want to believe it.

"Didn't you hear her, hunter?" Sinclair taunted. "I've claimed her. She's mine, and she chose to be mine willingly. And do you wish to know what else...? She has my blood in her. Ancient, vampiric blood. She's a daywalker now-oh so close to the ones you've been hunting, but not quite. And here's something to think on, hunter: she's not a virgin anymore."

"You slept with Sinclair? You slept with that fucking blood sucking animal? Kay!"

I turned to face him, frantic. "I swear to god, Ryder. I didn't sleep with Sinclair-he didn't touch me at all-"

"Then why the hell are you wearing just a coat?!"

I forced back the tears that were threatening to spill. "It doesn't matter, Ryder. I belong to Sinclair now. I'm his."

Silence. And then: "You bitch! You traitorous bitch! I trained you, I let you into my home-I let you into my life-"

"...I'm so sorry Ryder."

"Screw your apology-I fucking TRUSTED you!" he roared.

Kiel growled and then lunged at Ryder, and for a while they were wrestling on the floor, but then Ryder gained his footing again.

Ryder and Kiel were fighting now. Ryder had cast off his gun to the side, using a knife with his good arm, as though using a gun wouldn't be enough-that he actually needed to feel the steel biting into flesh. Vampire flesh.

Ryder was clearing winning. Despite Kiel being so large, so muscular, his movements were clumsy. Ryder was the more agile one, and he had the upper hand.

"Fall back," Sinclair commanded, pulling me up roughly with my arm, and looking towards the fight. Kiel took another blow in the face, stumbling backwards. "Kiel, you cannot win. Ryder is much stronger than you; he's the better fighter. Besides, we need him. He takes care of the vampire rogues in this city."

"But my lord-" Kiel grunted, most likely upset that Ryder was deemed the better fighter by Sinclair.

"Now!"

Kiel made a noise of assent, and just as he was about to receive another blow, he dodged it and then moved backwards in a quick motion that I couldn't follow with my eyes.

Then, I felt myself being scooped up in Sinclair's arms, and we retreated into the trees, which passed by before my eyes in a blur. And there was the echo of Ryder's death threat, aimed at us.

I felt so cold.

And just so alone.

Ryder's POV:

My hand was clenched tightly to the dagger. I let it drop to the floor. The pain in my left arm was too great.

To think! To think that she chose to join the vampires, those animals-those fucking bastards!

I punched the tree with my right hand furiously, ignoring the pain and the blood that rushed down my knuckles.

The next time I see her, I'll kill her. I'll kill her because I won't let the vampires have her. She's not Sinclair's to have, and I'm going to make fucking sure of that.