[Part Six] Bound to the City's Vampire Master

Here's the next part of the story (a continuation of the flashback)-how Kay meets the City Master of Los Angeles and how she came to work for him.

Please comment-I'll add more when there are at least 8 votes! Sorry about the cliffhanger.

Thanks! - Ilianna

--------------------------------------

Pain.

I laid there. I didn't feel anything anymore. There wasn't any more pain; just the pervading air of resentment. But I was too tired for that to permeate my senses too.

What time was it? The moon was still high, searing through the seemingly impenetrable darkness that took away all sense of time.

....Why was I here on the floor anyway?

....My parents would throw another fit if I miss school.

But I just can't seem to move.

Wouldn't Ryder be upset too if I kept him waiting at his hideout?

......Ryder.

"Child, look at me."

Now I was hearing things. Well, it is pretty lonely lying here by myself. So whose voice is that? Dad's voice? Ryder's? Maybe even Michael's. Ugh. Why would I want to imagine up that asshole?

There was a long, low whistle.

"Look, master. Abel was here-he carved his name on her back. Her whole back after he raped her."

"Pick her up, Kiel. Move her against the tree, make her sit up-anything."

"She's heavily bleeding! If we move her we might exacerbate her wounds-"

"I have eyes," the voice snapped. "Move her. Now. And Isabelle, go after Abel and his men. Take anyone who may be connected to him. Torture them. Tear their limbs off but let them heal slowly. Deny them blood. Abel is trespassing my city, my territory, breaking my laws and reneging on our treaty."

"Yes, my lord," said a female voice.

I giggled. They sounded so serious. Why so serious.....?

"Hey... have y'all watched the Dark.... Knight...?" I slurred.

"The Dark Kight?" I could hear the frown in the man's voice. "Is that a code for someone? A vampire?"

Two rough, large hands grabbed me by the shoulder. I felt myself being moved, swaying in fact, and I giggled and let out a long, "Wheee!". I felt my back wounds stretching, but there was no pain as my back leaned against the tree.

"She sounds drunk," Kiel grunted. I opened my eyes and tried to focus them. Kiel was large, wide in girth and extremely muscular. A body builder. He had a firm, set mouth, and was bald.

But he was eying me hungrily, and his mouth was now slightly parted. His fangs shone in the moonlight, and a tongue was caressing one.

"Your name is Kiel?" I giggled. "You look more like a Bruno, you know. Or a Butch."

Kiel ignored me, but said: "If I may just....? I won't bite her, just take the blood that's already spilled-"

"No," the other man said calmly. "Touch her or taste her but once and I'll leave you to the Sisters for a week."

There was a barely audible gulp. These Sisters people must be scary then.

I heard a loud popping noise from my right, so I languidly moved my head. And then I saw him. That was the first time I saw the City Master.