[Part Ten] Bound to the City's Vampire Master

Next part!

Oh dear, what's going to happen next?

Comment&Vote please! I'll post the next after nine votes. Thanks!

- Ilianna

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't remember anything after that, except that Sinclair had fallen asleep, strangely enough. He looked vulnerable; he never had his guard down, but he fell asleep just then and there, with his blonde hair basking in the moon light and looking so surreal.

But that night there were no nightmares or nightmares of Abel; just a dreamless sleep.

I woke up, expecting to find myself at home, but I was in Sinclair's bed, in Sinclair's mansion, wrapped and snug in his bed sheets. I didn't even remember falling asleep or having the covers pulled over me.

But no sign of him. The room seemed so lonely. Nicely furnished, but it was just too large.

I looked out. Moonlight filtered through the windows; it was still night. Did I only sleep for thirty minutes?

Then I looked at the clock and gasped. 9:04 PM. I slept for a whole day! And the boob didn't bother to wake me up!

I missed school again. But I wasn't sure myself whether or not I was going to graduate senior year. And graduation itself seemed so lonely. Who was going to come? Who was going to cheer for me?

Definitely not my parents. They figured I was working as some sort of call-girl (ha!) now, seeing as I went out all the time at night and was picked up occasionally by limousines.

I pushed off the bed sheets and walked towards the door, opening it-but not before coming face to face with Bones, one of Sinclair's many drivers. He was holding a tray, carrying food. What was he, a house servant now?

"What do you want, Bones?" I asked coldly. He reminded me strangely of Gollum, but he had too much meat on his bones for that.

"Just food for the missus," he hissed. "The prince asked that you be fed when you wake up."

"I'm not hungry." I crossed my arms, miffed, but then my stomach growled. Loud. "Anything you touch might be poisoned. I'm not retarded, Bones."

"I'm hurt that the missus might think I would poison her food," Bones said meekly, with wide eyes. "Oh, that she should know how poor Bones feels being accused of such.... Oh... Oh..."

He placed a hand delicately over his heart.

"After I tied you to that tree? No."

"Bones is a very forgiving person."

I pushed him out of the way and headed downstairs for the kitchen. There were only a few vampires here and there; I recognized a few of them, and there were others I didn't, but I ignored them as they continued to stare. Not.

"What, you've never seen a human before?" I snarked at them. "Well, think on this: no fangs."

I flashed them a smile before I continued walking into the kitchen.

The kitchen was as big as my house. I sighed. It was a modern kitchen, with a huge island in the middle and looking like something from the cooking channel.

Well, what was I expecting? A black and red kitchen, with humans hanging in cages from the ceilings and boiling cauldrons?

Sorta. But I've been with the vampires long enough to know that they weren't like that.