[Part Nine] Bound to the City's Vampire Master

Next part, as promised! Part 9. Comment & Vote, please!

Oh no, Sinclair is actually showing some emotions?

- Ilianna

----------------------------------------------------------------

--Back to the present-

I sighed. That was so unexpected. I hadn't planned on seeing his face tonight, and to be saved by him nonetheless.

But it hurt, to see that look on his face, and I had never thought to be on the other side of his rifle, even if he hadn't pulled the trigger. I didn't understand why, though.

A limousine pulled up to me, and I saw Sinclair's monogram on the side of it, so I knew it was safe.

"Come iiinnnnn," said the husky voice. It was Bones. One of Sinclair's drivers, and I hated him. He seemed to enjoy pissing me off.

"No."

"The prince requires your presence at the commemoration party tonight for his dead father," Bones said, staring at me through the window with furtive, serpent-like eyes. "You wouldn't want to make him...angry, do you?"

"I'm not going in any car with you," I spat. I flipped him off. "I'd rather walk."

"Poor baby." He made a pout, which looked strange on his slightly toad-like face. "Wouldn't it be unfortunate if I 'accidentally' ran over you on the way?"

"Dammit-I don't care anymore. Fine."

I went inside of the car, sitting on the far side of it, away from Bones. He sniggered as he started the car and sped off.

"So how was tonight? Had any trouble?"

"Thanks to you guys who didn't even tell me he was an elder vampire," I sniped back.

"The prince wanted to test you."

"What's there to test?"

"Poor puppy upset that the prince didn't tell you? Is the prince's bitch upset?" he taunted.

"Shut. The. Fuck. Up," I said, though gritted teeth.

"Embarrassed that you were acting like a female dog in hea-"

In a flurry of movement, I had my gun off my back holster and jabbed straight into Bone's head.

To his credit, he didn't make any sudden movement and crashed the car, but just kept on driving.

"If you shoot me now, we're both gonna crash," he sneered.

"This has silver bullets in it. I might die, I might not, but you'll definitely die," I warned, clearly pissed. "Pull over right now."

Finally, the words struck him. I knew one thing Bones was scared of, and that was death. He pulled over the car.

I kicked him out, found some rope in the trunk, and tied him to a tree with a secure knot.

"I'm going to get you for this," he said spitefully. I smiled at him.

"Be a good boy and stay on your leash," I crooned, mussing his hair.

6 hours until sunrise. It'll take him a while to escape, and it'll show him.

I slid into the driver's seat, ignoring all of Bones' profanities, and sped off towards Sinclair's mansion, my anger assuaged. Sinclair won't be having his driver tonight.

Well, tonight is getting a bit slightly better. I smiled to myself as I waved goodbye to Bones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------