Chapter 13: The Spirit's Law

Darkness...

I woke up in a cell hallway, bunch of those here. But this time no chains. I looked around. Only Shinrin and Zero where here with me. There were a bunch of cells around us. Some were empty and others... with something. Not sure what.

I heard some grunting in one of the cells in front of me. It looked like a big black wolf bear thing. Then it turned its head towards me. And went back to its nap.

I don't... even wanna know anymore.

When I looked back Shinrin and Zero were starting to wake up. Their eyes immediately turned to me.

" Master! You're okay!" Shouted Shinrin. She groaned a bit.

" You okay?" I asked worriedly.

" Yeah, I'm fine. Are you?" Asked Shinrin holding her gut.

" Okay, is what I'm not. " I answered as I put my arm on my gut.

" Some thing wrong Master?" Asked Zero worriedly.

" Randy... did something to me. I don't know what exactly but he took something called a Dark Heart from my chest. I don't know what it is or what it does but..." I continued worriedly.

" You had a Dark Heart?" Asked a voice that came from behind. I saw the bear thing standing up and talking.

" Okay... anyone else find that weird?" I asked out loud.

" That's not the point. You had a Dark Heart?" Asked the bear again. He had a cloak on.

" Yeah?" I answered.

" Normally I don't do this but you seem like a nice enough kid." Said the bear. " I'll make you a deal. Get me out and I'll help you beat Randy."

How can a talking bear help me defeat a guy that almost killed me in two moves?!

I don't trust him Master. He seems fishy.

Got that right.

" I know that you don't trust me by my looks but looks. But look." Said the wolf bear thing taking out its cloak showing huge scars in his back. " I have a score to settle with that asshole." Finished the wolf.

I thought about it.

He's probably the only ally we are gonna get in this place.

While that is true I suggest you think even deeper about this.

Hmm, I dunno. He... needs help.

What are you talking about?

You know the main reason I became a mage? Zero?

No, not really.

So I could help others in need.

Hmm.

I walked up to his cage. " I'll help you. Do you know your way around this place?" I asked the wolf.

" I have a general map of the place." Responded the the wolf.

" Okay, stand back." I told him. And he did. Then I pulled the the bars right out of the cell using my dragon arm, and broke his chains.

" Thanks. I really need to stretch my legs. Oh, by the way. Never caught your name." Said the wolf as he stretched.

" Xavier. Yours?" I responded as I held out my hand.

" Akari." Said the Akari as he shaked my hand with his, well, paw.