Chapter Fourteen

{{Chapter Fourteen}}

“Greenly, can you come down please? I need to speak with you.” I heard my mother call from downstairs. She’d been acting funny ever since Ryder had left; I mean we cleaned up the mess we made. What more could she want from us?

I sighed heavily though I left my bed and went down the stairs. My mom was sitting on the couch and was staring into her cup of wine as if she was troubled. I knew she was though, my mom and dad were arguing a lot lately, about me, about Gina, and even about my powers. They talked about how they didn’t know the extent of my strength and power and were worried I would hurt someone. Well my mom was worried about me hurting someone.

“Yes?” I asked and she looked up at me from her seat blankly, showing no emotion.

“Did you know that when you left, your dad was distant?” She asked me quietly but I heard her loud and clear.

“Yes, I knew.” I said as she stared back at the glass, then she took a long sip and smiled at me.

“He loved you so much, I loved you so much, Gina loved you so much . . . then you were just gone and we couldn’t find you. You were gone for months and after 8 months were gave up the hope of seeing you again. Your dad still set up posters, just in case,” she added on. “But I knew, and he knew . . . well we thought.”

“Why are you telling me this?” I asked her, my voice choked up with emotions that I couldn’t explain.

“I just want you to know what happened after you went missing. You heard so many stories about it from me, your father, and Gina but not the one that matters the most.” Mom said in despite and looked up at me.  We were moving on, and you came back and ruined it.”

I stared at her in shock before her word registered.

“You didn’t want to find me, did you?” I asked.

“No, I didn’t,” she glared at me and I flinched. “I wanted you gone; you took your father away from me. Gina never did that, she idolized me even though she didn’t act anything like me. She never tried to take me away from your father like you did.”

“I never tried to take dad away from you, mom. I was his daughter and he’s my dad, of course we wanted to spend time with each other.” I said.

“No! No! No! No! No! No! No! You don’t understand what I’m saying to you.” She screamed as she threw her wine glass across the room and it smashed against the wall.

“I loved you, but I hated you too. Your father was either at work, at a cheerleading competition or working on that stupid car with you. They told me that no one would ever find you, that you couldn’t escape and tell people about them . . . about me.”

“Mom, what did you do?” I asked, my voice shook with the hurt and betrayal I was feeling. I knew what she’s done, but I needed to hear her say it. She needed to hear her say it.

“I asked them to take you away, so that we didn’t have to see, hear, or worry about you anymore. I knew that it would take your dad a couple years to get over but at least I could finally have him to myself.”

“Mom, d-did d-dad know abo-about this?” I sobbed as wet tears fell down my cheeks, as if my eyes were trying to rain out all the pain that I was feeling.

“Of course not, and he’s not going to find out” she said and gave me a threatening look, but it wasn’t scary at all.

“I will tell him!” I shouted and turned to stalk out forgetting all the pain and emptiness that I was feeling and stalked out.  I reached the door and turned to look back at her.  “You were pretending this whole time?”

“Your dad would have suspected something,” she shrugged and before I could respond the door flew open and I fell to the ground.

I looked up and a small gasp slid from my lips as I saw the person in front of me.

“Hello, Greenly. You’re coming back . . .”

I stared at Dr. Walker in shock before I fell into a world of darkness.

~*~

I was falling into the light and I swear I could see Ryder there, smiling at me, urging me away from the light and into the world of reality. I knew what was to come once I wake up and I was scared.

I had no choice in the matter as I was shaken by a hand on my shoulder and I opened my eyes.

“Greenly, good your up,” Dr. Walker said with a smile and I glared at him.

“I’m going to kill you sooner or later.” I spat at him and he only shook his and smiled a bright smile at me.

“You can’t, Greenly, you power is useless now since we know that you’ve successfully transformed into a Triple S.” He said gingerly. “We thought the project would have to be finished since we weren’t getting anywhere. Then you escaped and we watch the video cameras afterwards and saw your abilities and wow, I mean wow!”

“Why do you need me then? You can make more, you don’t need me,” I said.

“You’re wrong,” he said with a shake of his head, flashing me with his frightening tattoos. “You learned to control your powers and abilities. We’re making an army out of these women and you will train them to fight. You will be their leader.”

“I can’t do that; I don’t want to do that.” I said shaking my head and standing up on my feet. It was then that I noticed that I wasn’t chained down. “Why can’t I use my abilities here?”

“There’s jadeite embedded into the stone walls. You’re powerless here, so if I were you, I would just do what we ask.” Dr. Walker said and left the room and closed the door after him. I heard the door lock which signaled that he had locked the door after him.

I was worried, what would dad said when he came home from work to see that I was gone? Would Mom still be there or would she disappear in case there was a slim chance I would escape again? Would Ryder and his family look for me?

All these thoughts running through my head caused my heart to ache.

I had to get out of here.

~~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~~~~

First Update of the Year!!!! Please comment and vote and the next chapter will be up as fast as possible. Thanks.

Song of the Chapter: Breathe Me by Sia

Help, I have done it again

I have been here many times before

Hurt myself again today

And the worst part is there's no one else to blame

Be my friend, hold me

Wrap me up, unfold me

I am small, and needy

Warm me up and breathe me

Ouch, I have lost myself again

Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found

Yeah, I think that I might break

Lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend, hold me

Wrap me up, unfold me

I am small, and needy

Warm me up and breathe me

Be my friend, hold me

Wrap me up, unfold me

I am small, and needy

Warm me up and breathe me

Read more: Sia - Breathe Me Lyrics | MetroLyrics