Chapter Thirteen

{{Chapter Thirteen}}

“What ingredients are we searching for?”  Ryder asked as he walked down the aisles of Jungle Gyms with me. He was complaining that I was taking too long, but he doesn’t know how hard it is to shop here. Jungle Gyms was literally a jungle. The place was overcrowded with different types of foods from all over the world.

“Cinnamon, sugar, and flour.” I told him.

“We already saw all those.” he said angrily.

“Not ones that were made in Mexico. Those are the best and they make the best churros so be quiet and quit complaining.” I replied and he sighed heavily.

“Fine,” he huffed.

“I swear this is the last time I take him shopping…” I muttered to myself before going back to searching. After about twenty minutes of looking I found the ingredients. I paid and as soon as Ryder got out side he ran to his motorcycle and kissed it.

“I thought that I never would see you again,” he fake cried. “I thought that I be shopping forever with that crazy lady.”

I laughed and smacked the back of his head.

“Don’t be rude, Ryder.  You’re the one who agreed to go grocery shopping with me in the first place. You have no one to blame but yourself.”

“I didn’t know that you would search the store for an exact kind of ingredient. I mean, who does that?” He asked as if he was really confused.

“Me, now stop making fun of me.” I pouted and his features softened.

“Alright,” he sighed. “But next time, don’t take so long.”

“Then don’t complain so much,” I said back.

“I thought you never were going to take me again.” He smiled at me

“I can make an exception.” I smiled back.

Ryder handed me the helmet and hopped on his bike. I pulled the helmet on quickly before getting on behind him.

“You know what?” Ryder said and I felt his chest move as he talked.

“What?”

“You’re cute when you flirt.” He said and I could hear the smile in his voice. My cheeks turned red and I was glad that he couldn’t see my face.

“Shut up,” I muttered with a slight smile on my face. He could be sweet when he wanted to be.

He didn’t reply but just started his bike and took off. I buried my face into his muscular back and inhaled him. He smelled amazing, like mint and the woods.

When we arrived back at my house I got off his bike and he laughed when I tripped and fell on my butt. After he finished laughing at my embarrassment he helped me off the ground.

“That wasn’t funny, you jerk!” I punched him in his arm and he started to laugh again.

“It was funny, Greenly.” He disagreed and he grabbed the bag and took it into my house. I followed him in and told him where the kitchen was.

“Alright,” he set the bags down on the counter and turned towards me. “What’s next?”

“We start making the churros.” I smiled at him.

(AN: I’ll put the recipe down below; after the chapter is finished, so you can make your own delicious churros!)

“Yes!” He fist pumped. “They better be good after all this work I put into them.”