Chapter Eight

{{Chapter Eight}}

When I arrived home my mom, dad, and sister were already having dinner and discussing her first day. My mom was excited to hear how many friends she made, wait until you meet her friends first though, then that excitement would diminish.

I took of my shoes before walking into the dining room and gave my parents a kiss before sitting across from Gina, who glared at me like usual.

“Hey, Greenly, how was your first day?” My dad asked brightly, a huge smile on his face.

I was about to speak when Gina did.

“She made no friends, I met a cute boy though,” she said with a bright smile.

“Really? What’s his name?” My mom asked.

“Ryder James,” Gina answered.

“Actually,” I cut in. “I met him too, that’s why I was late, he invited me over to his house to talk with his friends and parents.”

“So you did make friends?” Dad asked as he frowned at Gina who had an angry look on her face.

“Yes,” I sighed.

“That’s great!” Mom exclaimed as she clapped her hands together. “I glad you both made friends already.

“Mom, dad, can I talk to you after dinner?” I asked.

“Of course honey,” Dad said looking at me curiously.

After dinner we all cleaned up, well Gina didn’t. She refused to, saying that she’s could get wet cleaning dishes. So while Gina talked on the phone in the living room waiting for her nails to dry, dad, mom, and I were sitting at the table and I shared with them what I had learned today.

“So they are like you?” Mom asked looking even happier.

“Somewhat, I mean I more powerful since I was created and I have straight CB running through my system.” I smiled. “Other than that, yes they’re like me.”

“Greenly are you sure you’re safe here, with others of your kind around you? Wouldn’t staying here be the equivalent of drawing a moth to a flame?” Dad questioned looking unsure of the situation.

“Dad, we’re safe here with them. They told me that they would help protect me and you guys. Reina and Jay’s mothers will be here tomorrow to speak with me. So I’m going to meet them at Ryder’s house.”

“Ryder’s house?” Gina popped out of nowhere and smiled sweetly at me. “Can I go?”

“No, you can’t. I’m going to be there for certain reason and no one wants you there.” I muttered and she glared at me before smiling again.

“I’m sure Ryder wants to see me, I mean after the conversation we had today I’m pretty sure that he wants to speak with me again.” She explained.

“Maybe you should let her come,” Mom suggested and I gave her an incredulous look saying, ‘are you crazy!’

“Why does she need to go?” I asked angrily. “We don’t get along and I’m pretty sure Ryder has no interest in her. I mean today he hadn’t spared her a second glance from what I’d seen.” I complained and Gina gasped at me.

“He was probably trying not to embarrass you in front of the class; I mean you were practically eye raping him in there!” She screeched and I covered my ears, as did mom and dad.

“No, that was you. I love blue eyes,” I mocked her words from earlier using a high pitch voice.

“I do love his blue eyes.” She exclaimed.