Chapter One

If you haven't read the PROLOGUE you need to go back. Sorry if it is confusing.

~~~~~~~~~~~*******~~~~~~~~~~~

{{Chapter One}}

So, here I am now. In a new house, in a new city, in a new town. After researching, and hiring private investigators we found out that there are more of . . . well me, or people like me. Anyway we quickly relocated to an area away from there, which happened to be Cincinnati, Ohio.

Going from living in California to Ohio is hard but it’s much better than the alternative. I was safe here, I wouldn’t say protected though.

I know you must be wondering how I got out of that ‘laboratory’. Well it took me nine months to be exact.

After I woke up from the first experiment my head was pounding out of my skull, I felt as if Dr. Walker took a torch to my head as I was unconscious. For all I knew though, they could have. These people were insane, crazy.

I looked down to see that my body had a hospital gown on; it wasn’t clean though like you would expect. It was dingy, not dirty but not cleansed either.

My heart began to race and I knew this because there was a heart monitor that sat next to my bed that wasn’t there before. Groaning I tried to move my body and saw that I was still strapped down.

Wow, I thought warily, they can’t even trust me when I’m asleep.

“Greenly,” I heard a voice I recognized as Dr. Walkers say as he opened the door and stepped inside. He closed it behind him and walked closer to me with a clip board and pen in his hands.

“You’re treating me like a lab rat,” I spat at him angrily and he smiles cruelly at me.

“Greenly, isn’t that what you are?” He asked mockingly. “We took you, strapped you to a table to inject you with potions, and chemicals that we’ve come across. Now I have questions for you.”

I scoffed, “You expect me to answer them? After what you just said to me?”

“Listen here Greenly, I wanted to be nice but I realized that it gets you nowhere.” Dr. Walker sneered angrily.

“You weren’t nice!” I exclaimed. “You explained to me how crazy you and the BCS are.”

“That was nice enough, Greenly. You are an a experimental tool that we’re using. If you died because of a concoction that we put in you, your body will be burned and thrown into the trash. You will not have a burial because here,” he said waving his arms as he gestured to the building we were in. “You are nothing.”

Speechless and even more scared I stared at him with such hate that I could melt anything probably. The problem was that the only thing I wanted to burn, to kill was out of my reach.

“So Greenly, how do you feel?” Dr. Walker asked in a calmer tone, but I could still feel some of his anger leaking out.

“As good as can be expected when kidnapped, then drugged.” I add the last part on just to make him angry.

“This is serious,” Dr. Walker roared as he grabbed me by my hair, lucky I wasn’t tender headed because that would have hurt. “We are trying to do something that’ll change history, it’ll change people’s lives and you’re sitting here playing around. Making jokes about it like its funny.”

“You’re right,” I say trying not to crack a smile. I might be in danger but at least getting him angry will keep me entertained.

“Thank yo-”