Chapter Two

{{Chapter Two}}

My plan for that day would be forever embedded into my mind. It’s not like I could forget it even if I wanted to. It had been practiced for months and thought of constantly.

My plan was simple enough though, once it was noon I lifted the scalpels, or anything that was considered sharp and dangerous. I moved them over to me, I was lucky that my restraints weren’t metal, but just some tough fabric. I used the scalpels on my hands, one at a time of course, before moving onto my feet. Once I was considered ‘free’ I made a mad dash for the door.

The BCS wasn’t made up of the smartest people because there was a lock on the inside and out. It was a keyboard though, he probably thought I wasn’t watching him every time he entered the room, he was wrong.

The password was my middle name; Emerald. I guess that they had a specific password for each door. I knew that they had more people in here, children possibility but I didn’t have time to play superman. I had enough time to escape and that’s all I'm doing this time. 

Typing the password in, I opened the door and saw that it led to another room. The door to leave that room was open and I could tell that it would take me into the hallway. I looked around me, making sure that I had all the weapons around me, to ensure that I was safe.

I rushed out of the room and hallway. There was door, after door with locks and keyboards. My heart hurt for these people, I knew that someday, somehow I would have to come back for them. I had no idea how long they were in there, but I definitely didn’t want them to be in here as long as me. If I hadn’t been practicing my abilities, I would have gone insane.

Looking around I could tell that the building wasn’t well kept but I didn’t have time to stop and stare. So I took one glance around and I knew that I could sort through the images later. Running down that hallway I found an elevator and went inside. There were twenty floors to the building and I was on seventeen. How convenient for me, right?

Pressing the first floor I smiled, but that turned to a frown as I listened to the elevator music. Don’t we all hate elevator music that’s meant to be peaceful? Well it’s not peaceful when you are trying to escape kidnappers that have had you for nine months.

The elevator went all the way down to the first floor, I sighed in relief because I didn’t want to kill anyone, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t. The first floor was clean and I looked disgusting in my dirty hospital gown.

Groaning in frustration, I walked down a hallway and saw a receptions desk. There was a woman there, she looked nice but looks can be deceiving.

I decided that I would walk casually to the doors that were in my sight. Outside there was a parking lot, I knew what building we were in because I’ve seen it countless times with my squad. We always said this building was haunted and cursed.

I walked out, towards the door, knives following. I heard the woman gasp and I smiled at her.                

“How did you get out?” She asked, curiously.

“I’m smart,” I replied tapping my temple. “Sorry.”

That was all I said before I moved her computer and hit her head with it. It knocked her out, but it wouldn’t kill her. Then I left the door as if I was there for a visit.

I ran, ran for my life, my family.

The streets weren’t busy and I knew why, it was a Sunday. Sunday’s here were like party days, our town was a small one so everyone could fit into one. This happened to be my house, smiling I continued to run towards my home.