Chapter Seven

{{Chapter Seven}}

I wouldn’t say that Ryder’s parents were rich, because they weren’t, but they had to be wealthy. Their house though wasn’t huge was pretty big if you were in the middle class. Our new house was a big one but not this big, it was cool to see Ryder when he was a baby though, his eyes shone brighter than they do now.

“They’re in the study,” Ryder said as he led Megan, Tina, Sawyer, Sam and I toward what I was guessing was the study. Megan was standing next to Ryder, holding his arm in a death grip that was going to definitely leave bruises.

I don’t understand why she’s looking at me like I’m a threat, the small amount of time that I spent with him I had already been called a few names, like I said before, I don’t think he’s my type.

The study was a large room that had a lot of leather chairs and couches. There would be enough for his family and mine to sit. There were bookshelves that reached the ceiling and were filled up with books, not leaving a tiny space.

There was a woman and a man already sitting down on a love seat as we entered and sat down as well. The woman was a red head, and the man looked like an older version of Ryder, both of his parents had blue eyes that were bright, just not as bright as mine or Ryder’s.

“Hey guys,” the woman said before meeting my eyes. “I’m Reina James, but you can call me Reina. I’m Ryder’s mom and this here is his father, Jay James.”

“I’m Greenly Marks; it’s nice to meet you.”

“The pleasure is ours,” Mr. James said with a smile.

“So,” Reina said, cutting right to the point. “You were made, not born, am I right?”

“Yes, I was taken last August.” I replied.

“Okay, how long were you gone?” She asked.

“Nine months, we searched for houses for about three months before moving here.” I answered.

“Can you explain to us what happened during this time?” She asked and I nodded.

“Well they injected me with different chemical compounds that they created; they told me they were going to make the perfect soldier. They were making me to find, seduce, and then murder whoever they wanted. I just wanted to go home though, they were weird and my doctor, DR. Walker, had thought we were friends. He started to tell me what time it was and what he had to do. Once he mentioned meetings, they were held once a week at noon. Everyone was to attend, so once the meeting started I escaped. They had me strapped down to a bed; I had been practicing my abilities just so that I could use them properly when the time came. I can move thing with my mind so I brought knives over to me cutting me out before escaping.” I explained and everyone looked at me in shock and awe.

“What different things can you do?” Mr. James asked.

“I can move things, read minds, remember anything, I don’t get hurt, I can feel and change people’s emotions, and everything that Ryder is and can do.” I stated.

“Okay, listen to me carefully Greenly. My parents Mom was made just like you. There was a secret experiment, one that only top officials knew off, the president hadn’t even known. They knew he would have put a stop to it; anyway they collected girls, twenty of them. All young, and beautiful and among these women was my mother, so was Jay’s.” Reina said.

“These women were going to being made into what they called The Triple S or The Silent Super Solders. They were all given pills, and unfamiliar liquids and my mom said she could feel herself changing into something different.” Mr. James explained.