Chapter Nine

{{Chapter Nine}}

This was a terrible, heart aching idea.

Trying to do what my dad asked was a very hard thing to do, but I was doing it, and I was doing it well. I asked Gina to join me when I go to Ryder’s house to meet his Grandparents and she jumped for joy. She hugged me and thanked me.

Then everything else went downhill.

I was sitting with Ryder and his friends when Gina bounced over, followed by the blonde that tried to trip me and a red head, whose name was Jennifer.

I knew Jennifer because Tina told me that she used to follow Ryder around like a lost puppy, gave me a good laugh in the middle of boring biology.

The blonde though, no one really knew who she was and I didn’t ask.

Megan though, she seemed in a better mood than she was yesterday. That didn’t stop her glare from zoning in my direction though, she hated me already, not that I cared but she was getting on my last nerve.

“Hey Greenly,” Gina shouted in my ear as she hugged me. I looked at her bemused, wondering why in the heck she was over here in the first place. The whole table knew that we weren’t close by the way she had tried to downgrade me yesterday.

“Uh, hey,” I said awkwardly when everyone turned to stare at me. “What are you doing here, Gina?”

“Well I wanted to sit with you, my friends decided to join me.” She said though her eyes said that I better agree. I don’t know why she thought she was scary when I can throw her across the room without touching her.

“I don’t know . . .” I trailed off glancing at the rest of my table. I couldn’t tell whether they cared or not but I did. Megan even had an emotionless face before she spoke up.

“Look . . . Gina, we know that you don’t like your sister and I can understand why, but what I don’t understand is why you are acting as if you do.”

“I love my sister,” Gina said through gritted teeth as she stared at the blonde. “I just wanted to spend some time with her.”

“If I remember correctly,” Ryder spoke up, his voice deep. “You took quite a couple jabs to her yesterday.”

“Shut up!” Gina shouted as she slammed her tray down on the lunch table and scooted Tina over, roughly I might add before sitting down. “I’m going to sit and eat lunch with my lovely sister.”

Tina, who was now looking at her hands in her lap, was blushing. I felt a bit of anger towards Gina, she could have been polite to Tina who hadn’t spoken a word against her before she waltz over.

“So when are we leaving to go over your house, Ryder?” Gina asked sweetly, laying a hand on his arm.

He shrugged it off before looking at me.

“You’re bringing her?” Ryder asked, an annoyed look covering his face as he looked back at Gina.

“Yes,” I sighed in defeat and everyone groaned quietly so Gina wouldn’t hear.

“Why?” Megan sneered at me.

“My dad wanted me to be nice,” I whispered.

“That sucks,” Sawyer spoke up and Sam nodded his head in agreement with his brother.

“I know,” I mumbled before eating my warm lunch.

~*~

“OMG!”

That was the first thing that Gina yelled as we entered Ryder’s house. My ears hurt by the volume she had used, everyone else seemed fine though. I hate being filled with CB.