Chapter Ten

{{Chapter Ten}}

Everyone in the room gasped as Megan collided with the wall, leaving a huge hole there as she fell to the ground. She groaned and stared at me hatefully, I could tell that she wasn’t going to stop though, she had Ryder to impress.

She stood up before running at me, I moved out the way but not before she landed a blow to my jaw. I moved my hand to mouth and moved my jaw, spit out some blood and smiled at her.

“That’s all you got,” I taunted her.

When she ran at me this time and I hit her with an upper-cut. She flew a few feet up into the air before landing on her back. This all happened in a couple seconds, but her falling seemed to have taken the shock out of everyone and it wasn’t long before they pulled me back along with Megan – who was attempting to get up.

“This is what I mean!” Megan cried, tears falling down her cheeks onto her bruised chin. “She’s a danger to us, no one can control her.”

“In my defense,” I started. “You started it, you swung the first punch. Not me.”

“You threw me into a wall, and you punch me. You were trying to kill me, your evil.” Megan wailed trying to get to me, but Ryder’s parents were holding her back. I wasn’t moving at all, the fight was finished in my opinion. Even though it’s wrong, I’m happy to have that out of my system, felt oddly good to know that she got what she deserved.

Something that shocked me was that Ryder was on my side.

“I think that if she wanted to kill you Megan, you wouldn’t be here,” he said.

Ryder, who hadn’t spoken much, who usually glared at me in the two days that I’ve known him, took up for me. It made my stomach flutter . . . weird.

“Why are you taking up for her, Ryder? She’s going to get us all killed!”

“That’s enough,” Regina said angrily and let go of my arm and walked over to Megan.

“What are you doing, Reg?” Her husband asked her. She didn’t respond to him though, she kept her gaze on Megan solely and stood right in front of her.

“You need to stop this,” she said to her. “She’s not a danger, she can control herself. She’s not a danger; if she was don’t you think that she would still be breathing right now?”

“No, but –”

“No buts,” Regina cut Megan off. “You are fine; she would protect you if it came necessary. Protection, Megan, was what she was made for. You come from the same blood, though yours is a little diluted. Alright?”

“Yes,” Megan nodded dejectedly. “Let go.”

Once Reina and Jay had let her arms free she walked out the room, not before giving me a scowl. I felt bad that everyone in the room – with the exception of Gina – were angry with her. It was both of us, who were at fault, but she was the one who started it, and she was the one who got the short end of the broom.

“Are you alright dear?” Reina asked me as she looked me over.

“Of course, she’s a full blooded Triple S.” Marie smiled at me and I laughed.

“Yes, yes, just be careful,” Regina said sounding concerned. “Like I said earlier, there will be people after you.”

~*~

“Hey honey, how was it?” My mom, being the curious cat she is, decided to question us once we got into the house. Thankfully she distracted Gina, who had chatted my ear off about how she and Ryder are meant to be. She even went as to tell me that Ryder wouldn’t go for someone like me. That bruised my ego a bit.